Thread: How to fix this Flashget and Rapishare download problem

How to fix this Flashget and Rapishare download problem

I am using Flashget right. I use this to get files from Rapidshare. I have a premium account on Rapidshare. For the mass link support I am using Flashgot Firefox Addon. Now the site managers has all the login information of my account. Everything did well here and there was no issue at all. Till yet maximum number of files were properly downloaded and there were no errors. But in between some times when I check the files they shows the size in kbs only. Those not so small files. This has now started happening randomly. In the download list some of the files have just some kb of data. And this happens again on retrying also. The files are not getting completely downloaded.

Re: How to fix this Flashget and Rapishare download problem

The issue looks with the downloader you have. The kb files are the html files which are downloaded on your system. It is just an file which shows what you had downloaded. I do not think so this might happen with the actual files. For this I will recommend you to go in the Rapidshare site and then login to your account. Then click on the file to download and check the same there. Also go in the user option to get more detailed on the settings of downloads.

The issue is related to the cookie file of Rapidshare. When those cookies are expired at the time of download you get those 3kbs files on your system. It is not a major issue and you can fix the same from Rapidshare site. You have to first go in your login page of Rapidshare. Then in that look for option and click on enable direct downloads. See properly the other settings. Then go in the download properties and set Flashget as your default downloader. Add your user id and password back again in that. Then run it and it works easily without issue.

I had faced a strange issue recently on Flashget. What happen here that I had first properly configured Flashget for my Rapidshare premium account. All went well without any error and issue. Then when I started downloads at the end I receive an error. I kept some list of files for downloads. It went fine till it reaches to 95%. The files were ok but after that it popped up a error saying socket error=10060 connection refused. After searching a lot I found that this happens due to proxy settings. I disabled those and now it is fine.

Flashget is a download manager which downloads everything from the website without issue. It is also compatible with the flash videos. I do not understand what is the actual issue behind this. For this I will recommend you to reconfigure everything back again. Check back that it is working fine or not. I will advice you to re-install Flashget and check the download settings. Mostly the issue lies in the download settings of Rapidshare. There is also not a matter of Firewall here.

Go to the administration console of your premium account and click the Options button. Select Direct-downloads. This will launch the download files automatically, without the confirmation page of Rapidshare. Start FlashGet then go to Options> Default download properties. Enter information from your premium account in the Login to server and save options. FlashGet will now use your premium account. This saves you from manually click on each link and allows the import lists of links.