Thread: unable to connect my second pc through internet

unable to connect my second pc through internet

I have got two computers. In one windows 7 is installed and in other windows XP home edition is installed. I want to use window 7 for data storage and emails and want to use windows XP for surfing for surfing purpose. This is because the redirect virus stops me from accessing some of the websites. Is it possible to do without a router .If it is possible to do so then how it can be done. Can somebody please tell me what do I require in order to do so .everyone is welcome to advice .

Re: unable to connect my second pc through internet

You want to use window 7 for storing data and use your windows xp for surfing only, but if you are having the problem in visiting the WebPages then download free version of malware bytes antivirus program. Run the program and check host file if it is redirecting or not. If you want to connect two computers together then you need network cable called crossover cables plugged in to the network card on both computers.

if you want to connect two of your computers then you need an Ethernet cable or network cable also called crossover cables and get it plugged in the network card of both the computers. Now run the network wizard in both the system and enable sharing with internet connection in the advanced properties. By following the above steps you can connect both the computer and have access. For this you don’t even need a router.

If you want to share the connections between the two computers then you can get a cheap router .or else if you don’t like router then you can get it done by cross over cable or the network cable. They are very easy to install. If you find any problem installing it then you can ask someone who has knowledge about creating a home network. Router is also a good option as in this type of connection there are no messed up wires.