Thread: Annoying 'zapping' sound since updating Firefox

Annoying 'zapping' sound since updating Firefox

I can use the Firefox browser and that for a pair of years. I installed the Google Toolbar only some months ago and had no troubles with it. But now because the update of Firefox I remain hearing this annoying 'zapping' noise what time opening web pages. I imagine it is the PageRank feature of Google Toolbar is causing the sound, but I'm not sure. Also found no information indicating that the PageRank makes any sound. Even in the Google Toolbar help page, there’s no information. Is anybody know about this sound? If you have any suggestion then please post it.

Re: Annoying 'zapping' sound since updating Firefox

Have you tried the orders in the popup blocker link? Do a search for the entire “WAV files”. If you locate it in the Windows folder, then make sure which event it is connected to in Control Panel. If it is in a program folder then put out of action it using the program's alternatives. It may be a warning of some sort, in which case you do not need to disable it until you have dealt with the difficulty. Make sure the alternatives for every of your Firefox extensions to observe if any have a sound alternative that can be disabled. If any 3rd party software you have which run in the background then also it happens.

verify the alternative for each addon to observe if any have a sound setting. If you cannot locate these settings, disable every addons, then restart Firefox and re-enable the addons one at a time awaiting the noise comes reverse. From your record, Upgrade Notifier is the main likely. For tha you have to go in Options then Alerts to observe if the corkscrew noise is enabled. If you only hear the sound at what time you open a fresh webpage, it could be one of your overcrowding addons such as Flashblock or NoScript.

Well, I'm going to do things on the list. I see the extensions yesterday and I found nothing. Even disabled people to see where the sound came. The sound still is present even what time the entire extensions disabled. I don’t know about what a WAV file is, but I do a search on my workstation. I observe no information on a popup blocker. I know I have a popup blocker set up since sometimes a banner come into view at the top of my monitor warning me that a pop-up was infertile. However, I do not observe a pop-up "control" wherever on my monitor?

I had the similar kind of problem nearly 5 month ago. Then I asked this to my friend and he suggested to me about that so, as per my experience I would like to suggest you that you can immobilize the noise through clicking the NoScript icon. For that you have to go inside the options and then you have to go in the Appearance and then try to disable 'audio feedback'. If it will help you then it will better for you and after doing this post your result.