Thread: How to enable traditional menu bar (File, Edit etc) in Mozilla FireFox 4

How to enable traditional menu bar (File, Edit etc) in Mozilla FireFox 4

I just installed the Mozilla Firefox 4 in my system and I found the looks to be very much similar to other browsers (Opera and Chrome). And as it’s so much similar everywhere, I am not liking the new design. I would like to get back the normal tool-bars and menu bar. So is there any possibility or any option to get the old traditional controls. Call me old-fashioned but I liked the looks that way. Any suggestions on how to get those looks back on the Mozilla Firefox 4? Please Help!!

Re: How to enable traditional menu bar (File, Edit etc) in Mozilla FireFox 4

It is easy to enable your toolbars and menu bar on the new Firefox 4. You can do it the same way you did it on other browsers or the older version of Firefox. You just have to right click on some areas of the toolbars. A window will appear with options like Menu Bar, Navigation Toolbar, Bookmarks toolbar etc. Click on the options shown to make them visible on the browser. A tick mark appears on the left side of the option if you have selected it. Enjoy!!!

You can make toolbars and menu bar appear from menu bar also. If you can see your menu bar (with tabs like File, Edit, View etc) then click on View tab. As you click on View a dropdown window will appear. There you can find toolbars, status bar etc options. Click on the Toolbars option. On clicking Toolbars a side window will appear on the right side of the toolbar option. Here you can find Menu bar, Navigation toolbar, Bookmarks toolbar etc. You can enable its presence on the browser window by clicking on it. Uncheck it, if you don’t wish to see it.

Dude where is this toolbar area? I am unable to find the toolbar area. I right clicked on every possible area but with no success. Also the menu bar was not enabled on my Firefox 4 from before, so I can’t even use the second suggestion. Can anyone guide me with any other solution to enable the menu bar and other toolbars? Help will surely be appreciated. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions and for future solutions.

It is easy to make the missing toolbars and menu bar reappear on your browser window, no matter if you are unable to locate the Firefox 4 toolbar area and your menu toolbar is missing. Pressing the ALT button will activate the menu bar. Now you can click on the view menu. This will make a drop down window menu appear. Select the Toolbars option from the list. On clicking the Toolbars option a new window appears from the right side. Now you can select the menu bar or other toolbars to enable it to appear on the browser. I am sure it will help you. Enjoy!!