Thread: Firefox 4 cannot initiate on Ubuntu 64bit

Firefox 4 cannot initiate on Ubuntu 64bit

I am running an Ubuntu 64bit on my desktop machine and this machine has a firefox as its default browser. Now the problem is this browser does not start at all on this machine. I have just updated to the Mozilla Firefox 4 since then I am not able to use my favorite browser. When I am clicking on Firefox 4 icon then it does not do anything, No crash or nothing. Has it been installed or not?

Re: Firefox 4 cannot initiate on Ubuntu 64bit

I am running an Ubuntu operating system on my machine and according to me Firefox works without any issue, but you just need to remove all desktop icons and taskbar, Once you have installed the Firefox, then, quite simply, go to "Applications" -> "Internet" -> right click on "Firefox" to recreate the icons on the desktop and taskbar. I hope that this would be helpful for you.

In fact it is a file that is located in the mozilla hidden folder in your home, then the firefox folder and the folder and the file trucbidule.default compatibilty.ini. If you delete compatibility.ini firefox restarts as it should, but it rééecris the file and therefore does not restart after. It is necessary to change a little firefox.sh who are in / usr / lib. To do so:
    Code:
     gksudo gedit /usr/lib/firefox-3.6/firefox.sh
    Code:
    And at the beginning of the file, just below "DROPPED = abandoned" you put it: 
     COMPATIBILITY_FILE="$MOZDIR/$META_NAME/ton-nom-de-profil/compatibility.ini" [ -f "$COMPATIBILITY_FILE" ] && rm "$COMPATIBILITY_FILE"
    And then everything works again. I found it on some forum, tested, and it works.

For me it was due to my hidden folder. Mozilla owner = root that was probably because I made a manip illegal at some point. The radical solution is to simply delete the folder. Mozilla. After that, Firefox and Firefox agree to start automatically recreated the folder. Mozilla. Of course, it will be necessary to redefine their preferences in Firefox as it has been erased.
    For action:
    • Pressing both keys Alt + F2
    • You type: gksudo nautilus
    • (Password required)
    • In the browser that opened with power administrator, navigating to / home / user and it removes the file. Mozilla in it (if it does not appear: View> Show Cookies)