Thread: Cannot play videos in Firefox 4

Cannot play videos in Firefox 4

When I was using the Mozilla Firefox 3.6 on my windows vista laptop then there was not a single problem to load the videos from this browser but from when I have installed the Firefox 4, I am not able to view the videos from any website. I didn't understood the support from new version of firefox. Then installed the 3.6 version of it and video were loading perfectly on it. What is the problem with the firefox 4?

Re: Cannot play videos in Firefox 4

Google has recently reviewed the license of its video codec WebM , Mozilla guys want to make the video codec in the next build of its browser, Firefox 4. Google has provided the support for codec WebM in a beta version of Chrome, and Microsoft will also support WebM in its next browser Internet Explorer 9. I guess Firefox users should be to learn that Firefox 4 with stand WebM should arrive in late June.

The problem is related to the update adobe flash player. It should disable acceleration matrcielle. That's why you gotta do is from another site. Go to dailymotion. No matter what video launches. parameters right click and disable acceleration matrix. Returns on youtube and then did some tests. If AC does not work for you, you can, temporarily, to watch the video by clicking on pop-out and the video should come up normally in another window. It may be a temporary solution.

You have two options: try a third site that uses flash (other than youtube and dailymotion). Otherwise go on youtube, is launching a video (it's supposed to not work) and click on pop out (to open the video in a new window). Normally when the video opens in a new window it is readable. And Right-click
    • Parameters
    • On the first tab: disable acceleration matrix.

If it does not really work, and the menu is grayed out (not selected), you should first uninstall and reinstall flash The latest version.

In fact, I found the reason: the addon "Adblock" which prevented him playing videos. So I "authorized" Youtube with Adblock and it works! The curious thing is that before it worked without having to give authorization. Maybe an update of this module which makes it more "severe"? Thank you for the answer in all cases and all readers of my problem.