Thread: Cannot open new tabs in Firefox 4

Cannot open new tabs in Firefox 4

I have just installed the Mozilla Firefox 4 on my machine and there is something wrong with this browser. I have tried restarting it several times but it didn't helped me. Actually I have no option to open the new tab on this browser window. But I am when I right click on any link to open it in new tab then it works. Can somebody tell me if I want to open the new blank tab then how can I do it on this Firefox 4?

Re: Cannot open new tabs in Firefox 4

Search results are usually open in Firefox in the same tab. This can sometimes be very annoying, especially if the function | is "right click open in new tab" not supported. Because you can use this function does not always and sometimes maybe even forget you have it in retrospect, the previous site again looking painfully in his browser history. Which can be prevented. With a few clicks, you can set to automatically open in new tab permanently. So you do not lose again the previously visited web pages.

In order for the Firefox browser search results automatically opens in a new tab, follow these steps:

1. Open the Firefox browser and type in the address bar "about: config" and press [Enter] key. The warning message press the button "I'll be careful, I promise!".

2. Over the text input field "Filter", locate the entry "browser.search.openintab.

3. On the right side of the entry in the Value column, change the value "false" by double clicking on "true".

Microsoft knows how it's done. There are many features of Internet Explorer to Firefox in a long time. But sometimes even the Internet Explorer plays once a pioneer - and Firefox has to follow suit. This happened in the practice tab previews, all currently open tabs shows a preview together. With the free plug-in for Firefox Showcase preview there is the practical tab now available for Firefox. With the [F12] shows all the Firefox tabs as thumbnails.

So I just checked on my version of Firefox 4. Indeed there is no possibility in the preferences [Tool -> Options ...] to determine the behavior of a new tab that is opened. In passing I note that the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl + T, I work like that. Besides, I thank the Internet Explorer 7 to have kept this shortcut to open a new tab. And since I'm talking about IE7 and tabs, in theory there is the possibility of opening a new tab on the homepage. In practice it does not work. At least it does not work on my Win XP. I hope these two, Firefox and IE7, we will think of two to correct their absence and their bug.

Tabs are a convenient feature of Firefox to view multiple pages simultaneously open in one window. Once, however, have opened the tab bar, page content is moved. To prevent this, you can place the tab bar at the lower edge of the screen. This is also handy if your tab bar like analog want to have the Windows taskbar. First, the Windows Explorer will open, which you access by pressing the keyboard shortcut [Windows Key] [E]. Then is equal to open the correct folder: the workplace. Alternatively, this can be also accessed via 'Start> My Computer' or the icon on the desktop.