Thread: No-Referer addon not working with Mozilla Firefox 4

No-Referer addon not working with Mozilla Firefox 4

Guys I have got this new version of the Firefox that is the versiosn4 that has just got released in the market and I have come to know that whenever I try to add the No Refer addon into this browser, the addon would get installed but after the installation, I get a message that addon is missing when I click on it. I have tried many times to install the addon but unfortunately every time I get the same message so can someone help me to know that what is actually wrong with this addon or with y browser.

Re: No-Referer addon not working with Mozilla Firefox 4

Instead of blaming the addon first you must first blame the browser since it is possible that the browser might be having some bug that is not allowing the addon to install on it successfully. What you should first try to do is that you must reinstall the browser and then reinstall the addon and then see if you can get the addon to function normally after that. There is always a possibility that the problem would be the browser and reinstalling will surely solve the glitch.

Which way are you using to add the addons in the new Mozilla firefox 4 web browser, there are two ways to add you should try both the ways and see which works for you the best. First you must try to add the addons using the add addon options that is there in the tools menu and from there you will have to type the name of the addon that you want. You can even download the addon from the official site and can run the file so as to add the addon, so try this out and see which works for you.

Guys I have tried to install the addon on my new Firefox browser using both the way that you have mentioned above in the post but none of them was able to solve my problem I was not able to get the addon to install on my browser. I have also reinstalled the browser many times in the hope that it will add the addons but was of no use, is any one else facing the same problem or is it only me how is facing please suggest.

I have even tried launching the addon with this new version of the browser and have come to know that the addon was not able to function with this new browser, I have many time tried reinstalling the browser along with the addon and then also I find it difficult to install the same, so I think that there could be a possibility that the addon is not for the new version till now and we can only use with the older version.

Dude what I think that there could be possibility that some of the addons might not function on this new version of the browser since the addons were developed for only one particular browser and it will not function with the other. The No refer addon that you are talking of might not be developed for this Firefox 4 and that is why I believe that you will have to wait for some time before making use of the addon on this browser.