Thread: Unable to launch Mozilla Firefox 4 in safe mode

Unable to launch Mozilla Firefox 4 in safe mode

Hello friends I have got the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox version 4 upgraded on my system, and after installing it when I tried to run the same I found that I was unable to do so, I have even tried running the browser in the safe mode and have come to know that the Firefox is not running in that mode. I have been using the same way that has been mentioned in the walkthrough of the firefox but still I am unable to do, so can someone help me to know that how will I be able to run the browser in safe mode.

Re: Unable to launch Mozilla Firefox 4 in safe mode

Dude first of all can you tell me that how have got this new Mozilla Firefox 4 version of the browser, have you directly upgraded the same using the pop up window that would show up in the older version of the browser or have you downloaded a fresh copy from the internet. What I would want to tell you that you must always look to download a fresh copy of the setup file and then look to install onto your system.

Dude if you are making use of the Mac osx operating system that is if you have installed the Mozilla Firefox on your Mac OSx , then I must inform you that the Mac ox does not have capability to open the browser in safe mode. This is one of the drawback of the Mozilla Firefox 4 where in it does not allow you to get the browser to pen in the safe mode on the Mac operating system. So if you are in the same case, so need to try anything else.

Guys I have installed the Firefox 4 on my Windows xp operating system, sorry that I didn’t inform you about that in my first post, but then also I have found that I am unable to run the browser in the safe mode, I have even downloaded the browser as a fresh copy from the web and have first removed the previous version and then installed this new one, but then also I find that I am unable to load the browser in the safe mode so can someone help me to know that what could be the problem , I have reinstalled the browser many times.

Hey dude this is one of the way so as to open the browser in safe mode, you can try this out if you want, you will have to first open the browser and then click on help. From there you will have to scroll to the restart with addons disabled and from there you will get a window that will prompt you to open the firefox in safe mode, so try this one out and see if you can get the browser to open easily in the safe mode. For More Information

How are you opening the browser in the safe mode? According to me you will have to hold down the shift key when you try to begin the browser, so if you are not getting the browser to open with the above ways that has been mentioned which according to me is the long way so you can make use of this short cut method and then see what happens. I hope that you get the browser to open in safe mode easily with this.