Thread: Bad Java applet performance with Mozilla Firefox 4.0 on Mac OS X

Bad Java applet performance with Mozilla Firefox 4.0 on Mac OS X

Hello friends I have installed this new Firefox version 4 on my system that is having Mac OSx and have come to know that Java Applets are having some difficulty in loading with this new version of the browser. When I click on any of the java applets I found that the browser would take long time to load and might even hang for sometime before getting back to normal. Now I would want to know that is this browser doesn’t have support for the applet or is it that only I am facing the glitch, please suggest your views.

Re: Bad Java applet performance with Mozilla Firefox 4.0 on Mac OS X

Do you have some other browser probably a Fiirefox 3.6 and did you tried out running the same applets with that browser, if not than I would suggest that you should do it first and then see if the applets loads or not with the other browser. Since many a times there could be possibility that the applets that you are trying to load might not be configured properly or might be having some bug from the receiving end, so try this one out first before moving to some other solutions.

Since there is a peculiar feature that is integrated in this new version of the Mozilla Firefox where in we are able to open the browser in the safe mode, so you must first open the Firefox in the safe mode and then see if you are able to get the applets to run effectively after that. I think that there could some addon that might be restricting the firefox to load the applet properly and that is why running the firefox in the safe mode will surely able to overcome that problem.
    For more information

Dude have you correctly checked out that you are not keeping any other sort if a function or a application running at the back of your system, that will be obstructing the normal loading of the Firefox browser. I think that since if only while you are getting the problem in loading the applet so it can be that much of the connection might be used with the other application that is not allowing the applet to load properly, so make sure that you don’t keep any other option running while accessing the applet.

Guys I have made use of the safe mode option so as to see if the applet loads correctly or not but I find that still the applet takes a very long time to get load, also I have made sure that when the applet is loading I don’t keep the other application to run with it as well, in the older 3.6 version of the Firefox this was loading properly with no problem at all, it is only with this Firefox 4 version that I am facing the problem. So can any one suggest what should I do.

May be this could be one of the drawback of the Mozilla Firefox 4 unable to load the applets perfectly, or it can be that it is not at all comfortable loading the applet on the Mac based operating system or it can also be that there could be some problem with the browser that you are making use of. So what I would suggest that you must first reinstall the browser and see, if it doesn’t work again than run on a different operating system and if I doesn’t work over there as well, then it is sure that the Firefox does not support it.