Thread: How to upgrade from FireFox 3.6.15 to FireFox4.0?

How to upgrade from FireFox 3.6.15 to FireFox4.0?

Guys I would want to know ways so as to upgrade from the FireFox 3.6.15 to FireFox4.0, since this new version is out in the market so I would want to know some of the ways like whether I should directly update the new browser, or whether I should first remove the old version of the browser from the system and then look to install a completely new file, I am asking this since I don’t want to get into any sorts of trouble after I download and install the same on my system.

Re: How to upgrade from FireFox 3.6.15 to FireFox4.0?

Hey you can get the browser updated through pop up window that would usually come up while browsing the internet through the Mozilla browser which will help you to get the upgrade of the browser file directly from the internet, this can help to directly get the old browser removed and can get the new one running quite smoothly.

Dude to be always on the safer site, it is always necessary that you should first remove all the files that are related to the Firefox3.6.15 version and then download the new Firefox 4.0 version and carry out the installation, many a times it happens that by trying to carry out the upgrade directly some files might get clash result in browser not working properly, so it is always better that you first remove the file and then look to install a completely new version.

Friends I have downloaded the new version of the Mozilla browser version 4 after I found that when I had updated the same with the help of the pop up that came onto my old browser the browser was not working quite fully as I would wanted they would always face some kind of a lag issue ever now and then and so I removed the same and got the completely fresh copy of the same downloaded and install on my system.

No matter what ways you use to get the browser to upgrade one of things that you should look to do is to take a backup copy of the previous browser that you are having since there are many peoples who are facing some kind of a problem with the new version of the Firefox browser, so I think that it would be always better that you get the back up done so as to avoid the problems that would come after the updation.

I have faced many problems with this new browser as well since I have downloaded from the internet, so my suggestion to all of you will that you should not update the browser now and should wait for sometime before it is officially declared that the browser is tested completely and is not having any glitch.It will be only make your work easy as it is always better to get rid of the problems at the initial stage.