Thread: Google chrome doesn't use the same proxy settings to perform the upgrades

Google chrome doesn't use the same proxy settings to perform the upgrades

Currently I am making use of the Google chrome 5 at this moment. Do not tell me that it is very outdated. Actually I know this. In my environment, I must make use of the Google Pack method for installing Chrome, because many users share systems. And in this main issue is that Chrome is unable to update it. And in this my proxy settings are right for the reason that I'm posting from behind the proxy right now. Firefox can update completely and without any kind of issues in this. Google Update can install applications. But, Chrome is not able to update. The "Checking for updates..." cycle not at all completes. So in this I have read all the error codes and documentation but nothing helps me to get rid from this. So if you guys have any idea on the same so please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Re: Google chrome doesn't use the same proxy settings to perform the upgrades

I am also going through this and in order to get rid from this I have reinstalled Chrome on different workstations, and tried many settings but nothing seems to work in my case. Regarding this I don't know what to do regarding it. I do not know what ports are missing in this, or what verification method is being utilized and why it is not going through the proxy. Chrome is unable to update from the server, and the update which is present for the Chrome in the google pack it is truly out dated and also very horrible. So related to it I need help so please so it ASAP.

Actually when I have seen this thread so I think that there will be solution but after watching this I have seen that many others are facing the same issue like me. In this I do not understand that why Google Chrome update is not making use of the same proxy settings. Actually this is working in all other browsers. And it is appearing like the massive (and easy to fix) oversight.

Actually I have also an issue with the Google chrome. In this I am behind the corporate proxy. And in this without going through the proxy you are not able to hit a DNS server. The installer tries to arrive out the internet to download chrome, but it does not make sure the system proxy settings. So over here I want to know that is there Full installer which does not require a net while installing this.

The installer/updater not at all looks to work behind genuine proxy. It looks like there would be a number of way to get it working along with ntlmaps, but it is far easier to download the full installation if you are able to discover the link. So you can go fr the newer version and also you are able to make use to adjust the generic link below by receiving the last two segments of the build number from the release note blog. So just go for that and reply me over here that whether you get any help from this or not?

As you have suggested over here I have follow that and in last I have find out that I am not able to install it and I think that it is happening became of the my corporate proxy. So in order to get rid from this I went to the Google Pack page and created an installer of just Chrome and at the moment I am up and running with the latest version of Chrome! So regarding this I am sure that you guys will also get solution so if you want then you can tried this.

Also having the same issue. Even if I bring in the chrome_installer, it doesn't detect proxy settings and therefore can't install. Additionally, I can't even visit the www.google.com/chrome, chrome.google.com, or pack.google.com, as our proxy blocks these pages due to meta tags shareware/freeware. I work for a bank, specifically doing project management for online banking, so there is a good reason for these kind of sites to be blocked, so unless a proxy setting is enabled for either the installer, or a full version is available, it's going to be near impossible to download chrome. Does anyone know what exact ip's or ip range that the installer connects to and downloads from? We're working on getting the Google Chrome page whitelisted, but even so, without knowing where the installer downloads from, whitelisting the Google Chrome homepage alone will not solve this issue. Sadly enough, working in Online Banking, the same thing is true for Intuit Quickbooks, whom we have a business relationship with. Quicken comes as a full download, Quickbooks uses one of these silly installers.