Thread: While downloading the update for Java getting Error 1606

While downloading the update for Java getting Error 1606

Hi friend my issue over here is very strange and unable to get this. Actually when I try to download the New Java Update so at that time I get error message 1606. And about this I can say on ly this much that it is really very irritating. So if you guys have any suggestion on this so please help me as soon as it is possible for you guys. And I just want to thank you for your replies in advance.

re: While downloading the update for Java getting Error 1606

Do not worry about it actually when I was going through the same issue so at that time I have tried the solution which is I am going to give you over here and it solves my query. So related to this I am sure that it will also help you in your case also. And for that you just have to follow the steps:
    • Tick Start, tick Run.
    • Type regedit, and then tick OK.
    • Locate and tick the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ User Shell Folders
    • Double-tick on the entry Common Administrative Tools in the right panel of the registry editor.
    • Type % ALLUSERSPROFILE% \ Start Menu \ Programs \ Administrative Tools and click ok
    • File menu, click Exit to close Registry Editor.
    • Restart the computer.

There is one more way through which you will be able to fix you issue in this you have to go to the Control Panel>Programs & Features and confirm that all Java entries are uninstalled. And after that just reboot your system. And after this you have to download the JRE 6 Update 14 from here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
    And you just install this and after that if you need further help on this so just inform me over here.

Hey I just want to thank you guys for your quick replies. But the solution which is given over here I have tried all that and the previous solution which is given over her it resolves my issue. Before this I have visited many of the forum site but unable to get appropriate solution for my query but the solution which is given over here I have tried this and follow it and in the last I get the solution for my query.

sad Re: While downloading the update for Java getting Error 1606

I am having this problem with Java and keep getting the 1606 error.I tried everyones advise but had no luck.I'm running windows xp.Any other suggestions would be appreciated.