Thread: Internet Explorer 9 64bit: Websites added to compatibility view disappears after restarting the browser

Internet Explorer 9 64bit: Websites added to compatibility view disappears after restarting the browser

Well I have installed Windows 7 x64 on the computer of mine. Recently I have installed final version of Internet Explorer 9 64 bit on the computer of mine. I am getting an issue with this particular browser. I have added certain websites into compatibility view but it gets removed once I the browser gets restarted. Can anyone tell me why this particular problem is happening on the computer of mine? Let me know whether it is a software bug or something like that? Any suggestion to fix the matter would be highly appreciated.

re: Internet Explorer 9 64bit: Websites added to compatibility view disappears after restarting the browser

Looking at the situation which you have provided I recommend that you need to reset the settings of the browser using Microsoft Fixit. You can get Fixit from the official website of the Microsoft. I let you know that whenever you reset the settings you start your browser with fresh version of this particular browser. You need to download Fixit on the computer and run the same on the computer of yours and use the instruction which is provided by the Fixit wizard. I am hoping that Fixit will help you to fix the matter of yours.

re: Internet Explorer 9 64bit: Websites added to compatibility view disappears after restarting the browser

I am providing manual steps which you can use to reset the settings of the Internet Explorer 9.
    • You have to launch the browser if it is already closed on the computer of yours.
    • You have to launch the browser if it is already closed on the computer of yours.
    • Now go for Tools and click on the Internet Options.
    • You have to click on the Advanced and go for Reset option.
    • Choose Delete Personal Settings if you are wanted to delete all the browsing history and search providers.
    • Now go for Reset Internet Explorer Settings and click on the Reset option.
    • Once the process is gets completed you have to click on the Close button and go for Ok.
    • Now restart the browser and tell me whether issue is persisting or not.

I am assuming that this particular issue is happening due to compatibility issue between Add-ons which are installed on the browser of yours. I recommend that you should try to run browser without using any add on. You can use the following instruction to get the same.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for All Programs and click on the Accessories.
    • From the Accessories menu you have to click on the System Tools and go for Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons).
    • In case disabling all the add-ons the fixes the issue then you need find out the Add-ons which is causing the problem and remove the same from the computer of yours.

Let me know whether any of suggestion helped you to fix the problem of yours or not. Also tell me whether there was any issue with the previous version of the browser or not. If there was no issue then I recommend that you should downgrade the internet Explorer 9 to Internet Explorer 8 on the computer of yours. I think it would be the most reliable solution which you can apply to fix the problem of yours.

Well you know very well that this particular browser is recently released hence I am suspecting that this particular issue might be happing due to software bug in this particular program. I am suggesting that you should contact Microsoft for this particular problem. You should either contact through hotline or email them. You need to provide all the information regarding the system as well as problem which you are facing on the computer of yours. They will work around on the situation and let you about the further steps to fix the matter of yours.

Thanks a lot to everyone for the replying with the solution which you have provided in this particular thread. Finally I have managed to fix the problem of mine. Well the root cause of the problem on the computer of mine was ‘Preserve favorites website data’ checkbox which was in the Delete settings was unchecked due to some reason. I have checked the same and from when I am not having any issue with this particular browser Internet Explorer 9. I want to appreciate for the efforts which you have put in to fix the matter of mine.