Thread: Internet explorer 9 64 bit won't work

Internet explorer 9 64 bit won't work

Hey guys, I have an issue regarding my internet explorer 9 beta versions. I am using Compaq desktop computer at my home. I have installed windows 7 on this machine. Everything is working flawless except internet explorer 9 versions. I have IE9 of 64 bit. When I run It, an error occur saying that exception breakpoint occurred at location not remember location exactly it is shown in number. What is the actual problem? If any have the solution, please post on this forum. You would be appreciated.

re: Internet explorer 9 64 bit won't work

Hello friend, I have read your problem. I think you need to reinstall Internet Explorer 9 beta and check it is working. Or Internet explorer 9 versions may have some security issue for Windows 7. Or your IE 9 might be infected by the virus or some file be missing. So I will tell you to run an antivirus to check for the virus. If it is not the issue then download another copy of IE 9 from the trusted web site. Then try this. You will be able to use IE 9 versions.

Hello everybody, once I had similar kind of problem on my Vista operating system too, but I could make it working on a plug-in mode and could fixed the problem. So, I will suggest you to do same thing. So click on the start button then go to all program from list then select accessories from there then click on system option there you will find internet explorer (No Add-ons).If you could solve your issue with method then check your Add-ons to find the actual source of the problem.

From my point of view you should reset your Internet Explorer 9 versions settings, to reset follow these steps: first Start Internet Explorer. Then click Tools from the toolbar menu, here you will find Internet Options window in this window select advanced tab, in this window there will be a reset button , click on reset button then click on OK button. Then you should test Internet Explorer 9 beta versions to determine, whether the problem persist. You should enable FTP site folder also, use passive FTP that is compatible with your firewall and use clear type of HTML and check the certificate.

Hello everybody, I would like to thank all of you for giving your suggestion for this problem. Anyhow I could make it working now. I don’t know the actual problem but it is working perfectly. I just formatted my machine and installed the windows 7 with 64 bit. And then I installed the internet explorer 9 versions. Now it is working. So would like to thanks once again.

Re: Internet explorer 9 64 bit won't work

Internet Explorer 9 64 bit will not start. Gives an error message that says it encountered an error and needs to close. I've tried everything above, including uninstalling and re-installing Internet Explorer 9 twice. Win 7 64 bit, Norton 360.
    Kindest Regards.

Re: Internet explorer 9 64 bit won't work

Quote Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
    Internet Explorer 9 64 bit will not start. Gives an error message that says it encountered an error and needs to close. I've tried everything above, including uninstalling and re-installing Internet Explorer 9 twice. Win 7 64 bit, Norton 360.
    Kindest Regards.
    Remove Smart Tags Support for Internet Explorer
    1. Close all open Internet Explorer windows.
    2. In Control Panel, start the Add or Remove Programs tool (or the Add/Remove Programs tool).
    3. Click Smart tags support for Microsoft Internet Explorer, and then click Change/Remove (or click Add/Remove).

Disable Smart Tags in Internet Explorer
    1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. On the Advanced tab, click to clear the Enable smart tags check box.
    4. Click OK, and then restart Internet Explorer.

More information is given on this url - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810887