Thread: One of the sites flagged by SmartScreen Filter in IE9 but it's not an unsafe website. What can I do

One of the sites flagged by SmartScreen Filter in IE9 but it's not an unsafe website. What can I do

Hello friend, I have a trouble regarding Internet explorer 9 and I will get the best solution from this forum. I am having Compaq desktop computer at my home. Window 7 is installed in this machine. Everything is working perfectly. The problem is that one of my favorite’s web sites is showing smart screen filter issue. It is being flagged by Smart filter although it is not safe site. I want help that what can I do to solve this problem and what is Smart filter all about. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: One of the sites flagged by SmartScreen Filter in IE9 but it's not an unsafe website. What can I do

Hello friend you can say Smart Screen filter is a new feature or a add-on in the new Internet Explorer 9 launched be Microsoft, It is used to find malicious websites and protect you from the harm that can be after visiting that site. It also filter to protect from downloading or installation of malicious or dangerous application that can harm other programs in your system or it can destroy your entire machine

Re: One of the sites flagged by SmartScreen Filter in IE9 but it's not an unsafe website. What can I do

Hello friend a particular web site you are trying to access may contain malicious code or program to it is blocked by Smart filter. It is features add by Microsoft to all its newly released Internet Explorer. This filter can detect unauthorized site and it make the note of all program being downloaded from the Internet and web site visited by you that can be harm to your system. It will notify you when it come across such a dangerous program and block it for safety purpose.

Hi friend Smart Filter in newly launched Internet Explorer 9 beta version help you from dangerous program and web sites with different tool. These tools are the protection for identifying hackers and It allow you to filter or scan the web sites of fraud or that contain malicious program and that try to obtain secrete data such as user names and passwords and billing and account information. It also facilitates to remove all known bugs or unnecessary warnings about download or program. It also help from damage of the software program.

Hi guys I want to know that This tool or you can say new feature called Smart Screen filter come with the Internet explorer 9 itself or we have to get it from the internet. This question always come in my mind that to use a feature or is this type of functionality is available directly inside Internet Explorer 9.
    I am also using internet explorer 9 but I never come across this kind of tool and I never restricted. So please give me a brief idea where to get it where is it in IE9.

Hello friend you can find the smarscreen filter in the tool menu. Here I will tell the step to turn on the smartscreen filter. First click on the tool option from menu bar icon then open the control panel option. In that click on the internet option. In the internet option window you will see advance tab click on that tab and scroll down to find security option. Here you click on the smartscreen filter enable or disable option. So I think now you come to know the way to handle the smanrtscreen filter and all about it.

Hello friend you can find the smarscreen filter in the tool menu. Here I will tell the step to turn on the smartscreen filter. First click on the tool option from menu bar icon then open the control panel option. In that click on the internet option. In the internet option window you will see advance tab click on that tab and scroll down to find security option. Here you click on the smartscreen filter enable or disable option. So I think now you come to know the way to handle the smanrtscreen filter and all about it.

Hi all, I have a problem myself. I already disabled smartscreenfilter, but I tried to download opera browser, and it was still marked unsafe. I was suspicious and tried another browser; i tried installing chrome and safari, both the the same result. When I download opera, it downloads fine until about 98%, then it stops. After a while, it "runs a security scan" and this pops up: opera_1111_en_setup.exe was reported as unsafe. I downloaded opera from their main website; it is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by originalfake View Post
    Hi all, I have a problem myself. I already disabled smartscreenfilter, but I tried to download opera browser, and it was still marked unsafe. I was suspicious and tried another browser; i tried installing chrome and safari, both the the same result. When I download opera, it downloads fine until about 98%, then it stops. After a while, it "runs a security scan" and this pops up: opera_1111_en_setup.exe was reported as unsafe. I downloaded opera from their main website; it is legit.
    I think that there is a problem with the browser internet explorer 9 version itself. Although it's final version is downloadable but I think there are few bugs remaining which is not a good concern in respect of microsoft. So, a fix or an security patch will be no doubt be on its way for this problem, till that time download and install other browsers ignoring the false warning and use those browsers.