Thread: Not able to configure gmail as a default email in windows 7

Not able to configure gmail as a default email in windows 7

I am not able to set gmail as me default email service in my windows 7 running dell XPS laptop, if I tried to do this, it requires to install the yahoo tool bar and also some other notifications regarding this email service. In short I am not able to set the gmail as a default email client. I am not able to register into the mail service. Is there anyone having any idea on this issue? Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Not able to configure gmail as a default email in windows 7

Though the problem that you mentioned in your post, it is totally depend on the mail client service that you are using, I suggest you if you not able to set the gmail, then try with any other mail client like, the windows mil service and configure this with your gmail account, after that whenever you will send any mail from windows mail account, you can choose the gmail also to send the emails. You need to register ion that email account and then configure the other email coconut with that one from setting window.

As per my opinion, regarding this issue, did you install the yahoo toolbar in your system? And if you not select the option to load the yahoo tollbar during the configuration what happened, are you able to proceed to the next step? I don’t think so it is a software issue or any other hardware issue as the problems are having. Though this open also depend on the browser setting. Make sure that the browser is also configured with that email account. Go through this, I hope this will some how help you.

Download and install the email program that you are willing to configure as default in your system, now open the gmail web site and from there get the information regarding the use of this email in your system as a default instead of use this from the web site. As per my knowledge, you can able to use any such kind of email program or also can configure any email account in your system as a default, but for that you need to download and install that program. I hope by this you will be able to set the gmail as your default email program and can be able to access that one.

I am also having an issue with the gmail program, which I instilled and set as a default program in my system, where it was running fine, but suddenly from last night, whenever I tried to open the program to access my email account it simply freezes and also along with other applications those are installed and I am suing for the internet access are also freezes, like the web browser. With the mail program the browser was also stopped working, I can’t understand why this is happening with me. Any information or suggestion for me to resolve this issue?

As per my opinion the problem that you mentioned in your spot, might be occurred for the email program, for that I would like to recommend you to reload eth program and replace this with a up to date version, for that remove the existing one and then download the latest version from the developer web site and then take a fresh installation, though the application is freezes in your system then it is clear that only for the application this problem arrives, I hope this process will surely help you.

Thank you all of you, for providing such kind of information regarding my problem, I was tried a many to configure the gmail with my system as a default but can’t able, after that I configure the windows mail service as the default program in my system and by this now I can easily can access the gmail account also. So if there is any one also not able to configure the gmail in your system as the default email program, then go through the above mentioned process.