Thread: Search Engines not working in IE or Firefox

Search Engines not working in IE or Firefox

A few times before, all search engines congested working on my workstation on both IE and Firefox. The whole thing else works very well and I can use the internet using exact URLs but I can look for for whatever thing. I have tried a number of alternatives and a variety of anti-virus, spyware and malware scans but no diseases are yet found. I have used, windows defender, Malwarebytes and avg. If anybody has a few insights into this trouble, there help would be very much valued. mostly I was using Google and it show problem.

Re: Search Engines not working in IE or Firefox

It may be possible there is DNS problem. See if it is a DNS trouble, unlock your browser and in place of address bar where you typing Google for search, now in this place write this (” http://74.125.230.112”) and then press Enter button. Does this get you to Google or do you still get a link error? Make sure your 'hosts' file to see if the search engines are planned. The hosts file is used to hunk internet contact for exacting websites (eg. at work the IT dept might desire to block talk sites, and at house parents might wish for to block file-sharing sites). May be this will help you.

If you have any idea so you can go for it at least for one time but if you don’t have any clue about it so please don’t try to do anything with your system may be possible it will make some more tubule for you and the as per my experience I would like to tell you have to contact with network administrator or any network relative person who will capable to solve your problem because they are faced this kind of problem all most per day.

It is looking fewer probable that the hosts file is causing your problem, but for future position......... Hosts are a hidden file. In Windows Explorer, just go to Tools then go ion Folder Options then go in View tab, and then select “Show hidden files” folders and” drives” and take away the checkmark from “Hide protected OS files”. Then press Apply and OK option. You should now be equal to see the hosts file. Revert the 2 Folder Options settings back to normal after you have finished. If it will help you then fine.

purni Guest

I agree with Amie. I think that it a DNS problem. You may consult any
    experienced person for this problem. You should not take step without
    knowing the problem.

waynerooney Guest

Thank You so much. It worked without a hitch. Everything is working great. All search engines are operational. Again i really appreciate your time and this forum absolutely rocks!