Thread: Stop firefox from overriding the homepage

Stop firefox from overriding the homepage

I have set the homepage for my Firefox but there is problem with the home page. Actually, whenever I open the Firefox then it open the http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/ as my homepage. I am not able to get that why this is happening to me and how can I solve this problem. I have already tried all the things for it that I know to get out of the issue but all that was not helpful to me. Can you tell me the reason for this and also the way by which I can solve this problem? Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

re: Stop firefox from overriding the homepage

I think that you will have to update to the latest version of Firefox to solve the issue. There might be some problem with the version of the Firefox that you are using and so that is showing you that problem. My suggestion to you is to update the version of that and then turn off the automatic update. I don’t think that you will get the any problem with Firefox after this. This is the only thing that I can suggest you at the time and hope that this will work for you as well.

There may be some problem with the installed files of the Firefox that you are using. Some of the files from it might be missing or corrupted. You can try to install that once again and see if that is able to help you or not. But this time do the installation with a fresh copy of the setup. I am saying you to do that because it will avoid the problems if that are from the setup file of that itself.

You can try to clear the cookies from your computer and after that check if that is able to solve the issue for you. After clearing that restart the browser and then again try to set the homepage to it and see if that is able to save that. I have seen many of the cases like this where clearing the cookies helps to resolve this and I hope that this will do the same for you. Please reply if that is able to solve the problem. Thank you.