Thread: Opera cannot open new HTML files in new tab

Opera cannot open new HTML files in new tab

I have some of the HTML files that I had saved on the Hard Disk. Well the thing is that when I try to open it on the window of Opera it is just not getting opened. I have seen that Opera says that it will open new documents in the new tab but when I try to do that it just not open it. It attempts to open in the new window. I get a warning that asks me if I want to open the new instance of the Opera and when I just click on the NO option then nothing open and when I click on the Yes option then it just open the new Window. Can you all there please let me know if there is anything that I can do so that the issue that I am facing can be solved in any manner there? Please let me know if there is really any way for this.

Re: Opera cannot open new HTML files in new tab

Have you tried to open the web pages or the HTML pages with some other browsers. I mean to say that it will be great if you can simply go with opening the HTML pages using the Internet Explorer and if not that then try to open it using the Mozilla Firefox. See if they are getting opened on the new tabs of these browsers. I am sure that there must be some issue with the pages there and hence you are getting the issue. Please let me know about the same.

Is Opera the default browser in your case there. I am of the opinion that while you are trying to open the HTML pages then they might be getting opened with the Opera as you might have stored them using this browser but actually the default browser for sure is Internet Explorer. The pages might be seeing to open with the Internet Explorer and hence after failing at that side then they are opening on the Opera and hence you might be getting the issue. You can do one thing just make Opera as the default browser there and see if this issue gets solved in this manner.

Are you able to open the new links on the new tab while you are browsing the internet. If at all you are not able to do that then you are not going to get the things to work in the manner that you have requested above and hence it will be simply great if you can go with the installation of the Browser there and see if after making the fresh installation the issue gets eliminated to some extent. Hope that this will solve the issue.

Opera 11.01 has been released and I would like you all there to give this browser a try there and see if this can really help you with the issue that you are having there. Actually Opera 11 is missing on some of the features that the older version of the Opera browser use to have and in addition to this it is also buggy and hence to overcome some of the issues of this browser. Opera has come up with this updates there. Hope that this will really solve the issue that you are having there.

I would like you to downgrade to the standard version of Opera and see for the Opera 10.63 instead. The new version of Opera is really buggy and I have seen that most of the users have just dropped the idea of using the Opera and hence it will be better if you can simply go with the installation of the Opera 10.63 instead. I am sure that this will really help you with the issue that you are having there. Let me know about the same.