Thread: LinkScanner kill IE and Firefox

LinkScanner kill IE and Firefox

This morning I had a problem with the Firefox and Internet Explorer 7. When I just any page (google, bbc, cnn) wanted to open the internet crashed both programs. IE brought the message "The instruction at 0x6dbb3a74 referenced memory at" 0x00000000 ""..., presumably, access to a NULL pointer (null pointer exception), while Firefox stopped and apologized. When I disabled the add-ons from Firefox, I noticed that the link-scanner of AVG V228 V8.5.437 caused the error. So for that I turn the scanner, I can surf the web. I turn it on, crash both programs. Please help.

Re: LinkScanner kill IE and Firefox

Please download the latest installation package from SBS AVG2011 Free and install it. After the installation process, try to create the situation again and let us know if AVG 2011 now works correctly. If, however, continues to exist the situation, please check the option "Add-ons" in both - Internet Explorer and Firefox (if other security software "add-ons" are active) and send us AVG logs files for analysis: Please select the folder below and add it as a zip archive in your next reply. C: \ Documents and Settings \ All Users \ Application Data \ avg9 \ Log

An update is not so simple. If I install the new version just enjoy it, do not work the updates. So I thought that I would have to update the license number. A conversion of a number V9.0 V2011 is a number not unfortunately. And if I want I register again to get a V2011 license number, I get the message: your company is already registered. As I said the problem is gone within a few days. But I will definitely keep in mind the whole time.

An update to version 2011 does not exist. If I install the version 2011without a license number update, AVG is not working properly, and always refused in the updates. A license number update is unfortunately not as a conversion does not work in V 2011for SB releases. If I request a new license number, I would get the message that my company is already registered. But as I said AVG is working again without problems. And it works compared to other virus scanners very well.