Thread: Internet Explorer 8: Website shortcut icons are change to default globe

Internet Explorer 8: Website shortcut icons are change to default globe

Previously I have posted many questions in this particular forum and the problems of mine have been solved successfully by the help of the users of this forum. Hence I have arrived again with another question I am hoping that all you guys will help me to solve the problem of mine. Well I have installed Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 8 on the computer of mine. Well I have found that website icons are simply transformed to default Windows Globe icon. I am unable to get the icon back until I delete the icons. Any suggestion to solve the problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8: Website shortcut icons are change to default globe

I am unable to find out why this problem is occurring on your situation. Let me know from when you are staring to face this problem. Also let me know that you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer of mine. Also let me know this problem is occurring with Internet Explorer or with the all of the browser. I am waiting for the answers of yours. I will tell you further steps to fix the problem of yours.

By default website icons are stored with web surfing history in to IE History folders. If you have done any setting which erases the history after few days then it will automatically remove the icons whenever history is removed. To prevent this you have to right click on the desktop shortcut and select properties and click on Advanced tab. Now go for Change Icon and select icons which are available on your system rather than from Internet History cache. Hopes it will help you to fix the problem.

I was having the same problem and which you mentioned in this particular problem. you can us the following steps which I have done to solve the problem of mine.
    • You have to launch Internet Explorer 8 if already closed.
    • You have to click on Tools and go for Internet Options and click on Browsing History.
    • You have to click on Delete button in Browsing History.
    • You have to Uncheck the Preserve Favorites website data check box when Delete Browsing History dialog box prompted on the screen.
    • You should check Temporary Internet Files, Cookies, and History boxes and click on Delete.
    • Now you have to close this dialog box and restart the browser.

In this particular problem I suspect that this problem is occurring due to virus attack on the computer of yours. Well to fix the problem I recommend that good antivirus program will definitely fix the problem of yours. You should update the antivirus with latest definition and perform a virus scan on the computer. Once you have finished with scanning reboot your computer. I think it will definitely help you to solve the problem of your. Wish you all the best.