Thread: BitDefender 2011: Pwh.exe Process trying to access internet

BitDefender 2011: Pwh.exe Process trying to access internet

Recently upgrade the bitdefender security tool from 2009 to 2011. Te earlier one was working fine, but after the upgrade I encountered a problem that there is process trying to access the internet, when I first open my system. I checked on process tab under task manager and found there is a process running named as “Pwh.exe”, when I tried to kill that process it direct this using another program, and if you are willing to stop the execution then this will close that program also. What should I do now? Is here anyone having any idea regarding this?

Re: BitDefender 2011: Pwh.exe Process trying to access internet

I think the problem might be occurring for any other program which is installed in your system, basically the web browser support file. There are some of the files those are always running in the background of the system and are collaborate with the web browser or the internet related file. So I recommend you to remove then from the temporary folder and also from the registry editor. Download and install CCleaner and run the cleaning process, it will clean the files from the windows registry editor and from the temporary folder. Try with this.

I don’t think so the problem that you mentioned in your post, is occurring for the security tool program that you mentioned. And fro this I recommend you to run the browser application in no addons mode, from start menu, under security tool and then proceed to the process tab under task manager and check whether the browser.exe process is running with any other program or not. And along with this kill or bloc the “Pwh.exe”, which you mentioned in your process by your bitdefender security program. I think this will somehow help you to figure out the problem.

The process or the program that you mentioned in your post is running in the background in your system, this is a malwarebyte, for this you need to run the anti malwarebyte scanning program and kill that or if there any other malwares are situated in your system. Though this can’t not be happening for the security tool application, for the confirmation you can try once by disable the features of bitdefender 2011. Whereas I was also encountered the same problem in my system just few months back then I am sure for any malwarebyte this issue occurred, you just simply remove the program and reboot your system with the help of any antivirus program.