Thread: Internet Explorer 7/8 is not supported on this operating system

Internet Explorer 7/8 is not supported on this operating system

Friends, I need to use the Windows Live Messenger but I as far as I know that I should have the Internet Explorer installed in my computer to make that work. I am having the Windows 7 installed in my computer that came with the Internet Explorer but I uninstalled that from my computer because I needed to use the Firefox. Now when I try to download the Internet Explorer 7 OR 8 then it comes up with the message that says "Internet Explorer 7/8 is not supported on this operating system." I am not able to understand that why this is happening to me and how can I solve this problem. I will be really thankful for all the replies.

Re: Internet Explorer 7/8 is not supported on this operating system

I would like to tell you that you cannot uninstall the Internet Explorer 8 from the Windows 7 and also you cannot install that again. It might be happen that the Internet Explorer 8 may be disabled in your computer and so it is not visible. If you want to enable the Internet Explorer 8 once again then you can do that. I cannot explain that in deep right now. So you can click here and this will open the page from where you will be able to get the complete instruction on this. I hope that this will help you.

You can try to download the setup from some other computer and after that take that setup file to your computer. Install that in your computer and see if that is able to get installed in your computer. There may be some problem in your computer and that is the reason that you are getting the problem like this. This is the best way to do that which I can suggest you. It will avoid the downloading problem if there is any.

You can try to do all the possible solution to do that and see if that can help you. If it helps you then it is fine but if that is not able to help you then you can try to repair the system. This can help you in to get out of the issue. If this is also not solving the problem then the last option left for you is to install the operating system once again. This will install the Internet Explorer along with the whole operating system. But make sure that this is your last option to solve the problem. Thank you.