Thread: scrolling up and down arrows are disabled in internet explorer 8

scrolling up and down arrows are disabled in internet explorer 8

I recently installed internet explorer 8 in my Acer aspire notebook; the laptop is working fine with all its features and the functions. Other specification of my notebook is like the Intel core 2 duo processor, along with this 3GB ram, 456 gb hard drive. Now the problem in my machine is that, the scrolling up and down errors are not showing in the right side of my browser window. It completely disabled. What might be the cause of this problem? Any suggestion will be appreciated greatly.

Re: scrolling up and down arrows are disabled in internet explorer 8

I found a simple solution for the problem that you mentioned in your post, it is a optional way to solve this issue. Go to control panel and from there proceed to internet options, now from under that select and choose "advanced", open browsing tools, it will open a list where the browser tools those are used to run ant items of features of the internet explorer web browser. From there click on "allow smooth scroll", select and click on this option. I hope this will surely help you to overcome from the problem.

I read the problem and think though you are not able to use the up and down arrow from your keyboard, then from the letter key you can conduct the up and down process in your browser and also this can use in any other operation. So to scroll the browser windows up and down follow the following keys in your keyboard “w” and “S” for up and down, also “A” and “D” for right and left. Open the web browser window and try to scroll your page by these keys.

The problem might also be occurring for the browser application, for that I recommend you to remove the existing browser at first and then along with this also remove the Web browser files those are collaborating with windows version and the go for the fresh installation. Go through this process; if no other trick is help you to resolve this. I hope this is ultimate solution, and by this you will be able to see the scroll bar in your browser window.