Thread: Internet Explorer 8: How to make entire webpage fit on the monitor screen?

Internet Explorer 8: How to make entire webpage fit on the monitor screen?

I have recently installed Internet Explorer 8 on my computer and I have started to face very strange problem with this particular browser. Well I have found that Webpage which I am browsing did not fit to screen at all. Well I have to simply scroll left or right to view items or to read content of the web page. Well its really frustrating stuff to do. I am asking to all of you please let me know if you are having any tricks to meet my requirement. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8: How to make entire webpage fit on the monitor screen?

Well looking at the situation I think you should try to enable compatibility view of Internet Explorer. Now question is how to enable compatibility view of Internet Explorer? Well its very simple and it consist of following steps.
    • Well you have to launch the browser and navigate to any of the website. There are two different ways to enable compatibility view. In way you have to directly click on Compatibility view which is situated near Refresh button.
    • Another way is to click on Tools menu and now simply go for Compatibility View.
    I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem. Wish you good luck.

I am suggesting certain steps which will help you to enable compatibility view for the whole websites of yours or for particular Web site directories.
    • You have to use following custom HTTP header for all the directories or website.
    Code:
    X-UA-Compatible: IE=EmulateIE7
    • Well to achieve the same you have to add a custom HTTP response header on IIS or you have to configure the Web.config file of your website to an appropriate directory. Well I am not having any step by step to do the same so I apologies for the same.

If you wanted to enable compatibility view for all the websites then you can use the following instruction.You have to launch Internet Explorer 8 if it is closed. Now simply click on Tools and go for Compatibility View Settings. In any case if you don’t find Compatibility View Settings then I suspect that it is disabled by the network administrator by using Group Policy setting. You have to contact your network administrator to enable the same. Now you have to click on Display all websites in Compatibility View checkbox and now simply click on Close. Now see that your problem persists or not.