Thread: Can I recover my favorites bookmarks in internet explorer 8

Can I recover my favorites bookmarks in internet explorer 8

I was struggling to take out IE 8 off of my PC as well as a part of micro live shifted my favorites into my toolbar, I was attempting to shift some things around, as well as a friend said he make out how to perform it as well as deleted one portion of my favorites, an important part, is there any method to get those back? So please help me to solve this issue. Thank you in advance for you helps.

Re: Can I recover my favorites bookmarks in internet explorer 8

Although there are numerous third-party software programs that will allow you to backup, restore, as well as manage your Internet browser bookmarks or favorites, the entire modern browsers today contain bookmark managers as well as are able of backing up as well as restoring your bookmarks or favorites. If you have careful shifting from one browser to another you are able to often backup your bookmarks in one browser.

In Internet Explorer, you have to press the File menu as well as Import and Export. In the Import and Export window press Next. Press Export Favorites as well as press next. Choose the folder you hope to backup; if you wish to backup the entire favorites, leave the Favorites folder highlighted as well as then press Next. Choose the destination you wish to save the favorites as well as press next. Press Finish.

Hey even I am facing the similar problem. I utilize Windows Xp with Internet Explorer 6. My Windows crashed, however the hard disk drive is okay. As a result I connected the hard disk to another PC. I am able to observe the entire the folders as well as files. I would like to get back my favorites from the Internet Explorer. Where are the favorites stored? So please tell me some suggestion.

Favorites are supposed to be at [C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Favorites]. You be supposed to be capable to merely copy those Favorites to the Hard Disk of the functioning PC. If copying the entire Favorites folder does not effort copy sub-folders. If that does not effort, you have to choose a group of shortcuts (favorites) as well as copy them. Hope this assists.