Thread: How to stop automatic update in Mozilla Firefox

How to stop automatic update in Mozilla Firefox

About this I can say this much that I am really getting irritated because of this issue. Actually currently I am running Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 in my system. And I want to uninstall this and looking for the Firefox 4. At the time of installing Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13 I do not care about the any of the notification so that is why now I am here actually in this I want to know that is there any way through which I can uninstall or stop the automatic update which is running in this browser. And if you do not have that then you just give me the information about the Firefox 4. Actually in this I want to know that it is good one or in this also I have to face lots of issues.

Re: How to stop automatic update in Mozilla Firefox

It seems to me like you are really distress along with this version of Firefox and hence you want to get rid from this issue by uninstalling this. You are able to uninstalled it through Control Panel and if you are in receipt of the problem along with this then you can also uninstalled it by ticking on Start and then select All Programs and see for Firefox there. You will see a choice for uninstalling it there as well. Presently give this a hit and then see if you can have it getting uninstalled.

Related to this I want to ask you that are you sure that you do not desire to have this choice which is enable in your browser. As I have seen in this that it will be actually great if you are able to just modify the option from routinely Install Updates to inform me concerning the obtainable updates. In this way you will not miss on the important updates and you will not obtain the updates installed as in the preceding case of yours. Please do this and inform me that what I have said really helped you in your case or not.

After checking at the entire thing let me inform you that it will be just great if you are able to have the current version of the Firefox that you are having just uninstall it at the time of making the installation of the Firefox you are able to just uncheck the choice that you find so that you may not disturbed through the update choice that you are getting from the Firefox browser. Uninstall Firefox from Control Panel. After that have to make use of the CCleaner and then get rid of all the older files through your system that may get clashes along with the files that you will be installing at the instant. After doing this you just install the Firefox 4 or you can also go for the older Firefox like 3.5 or 3.5 you can also install from this. And at the time of installing this file you just uncheck the box that says for the updates.

If you want to get out of the updates issue then you just go for the solution which is given in the previous replies. Because there is no matter. If you desire to get out from the Automatic Updates on Mozilla Firefox then you should require to go in to the Menu Bar and from there you have to choose the Tools option. And Under the Tools option you have to choose the Preferences choice. Then From a variety of tabs you will be seeing in the Preference Window you will have to choose the advanced tab. At the present in the left pane you are able to choose the Security option. Then at the bottom you will get Auto-update immediately modify the option for this to do not check for updates. I am certain that you must have been satisfied through the solution that I have offered here.

Mozilla Firefox is normally configured to automatically check for software updates, both for the main browser and for any extensions you may have installed. This way, if any bug fixes are released or if any new features are added to extensions, you should be notified.

While many people like this feature, for privacy or other reasons some people may not want to repeatedly query the Mozilla Foundation to determine whether or not updates are available. Thus, to turn this feature off:

1. Click "Tools", selecting "Options".

2. When the "Options" dialog box appears, click "Advanced".

3. Click the "Update" tab.

4. Underneath "Automatically check for updates to", uncheck "Firefox", "Installed Extensions and Themes", and/or "Search Engines", as desired.

5. Click "OK" to close the dialog box.