Thread: Getting error when trying to open a flash video tutorial from a trusted site

Getting error when trying to open a flash video tutorial from a trusted site

I receive the “An add-on for this website unsuccessful to sprint. Check the security settings in Internet options for possible disagreements” error while annoying to unlock a flash video tutorial from a trusted site. In fact it wants to interpret it from my temp internet file folder. I have attempted unlocking the file with no add-on as well but receive the similar error. I have as well attuned each safety setting on this PC with no luck. This is the file path it’s utilizing: “C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\12349_logo.htm”. I believe this is a same trouble I am having viewing firm images from associate websites as well? Please assist!

Re: Getting error when trying to open a flash video tutorial from a trusted site

I really don't know how you received 12349_logo.htm on your desktop, but I would remove it from the Windows Explorer thus you can eliminate all of its files and after that do a check for malware and virus. The error message you receive occurs if you contain Active Scripting turned off in the security sector of the site you are appointing or if you attempt to load a local file which has active content (JavaScript or ActiveX controls in it). 1st, reset your security sectors to their defaults by pushing the 'Default Level' key on every security tab. The default settings are intended to provide you the top surfing experience with the utmost safety. After that contact the site where you got this file from, either you pulled it to your desktop or it was shaped by a few installation programs. Internet explorer 7 and Internet explorer 8 no extended let web documents to be saved to the local drive with no going via the File- Save As menu in Internet explorer.

Re: Getting error when trying to open a flash video tutorial from a trusted site

I also get the same error message and the tutorial is mailed to me in a zip file. I typically just unzip the file and click on the html file and it plays; this exacting one I only unzipped to my desktop. I attempted to do what you said regarding utilizing internet explorer file save as and after that analysis but that does not effort either. The site where I obtain the tutorial does not have them every scheduled so I cannot go straight to the site to scrutiny it. There technical support emails me personality tutorials on exacting programs in flash. I know what you denote regarding all the security settings but lots of fine trusted sites do not effort fine with the settings cranked up. There should be settings which can be undone so I can view what I wish for and take the possibility on viruses, to me that’s why I have anti-virus setup.

I think you require departing to the advanced tab of Internet selections and allowing "Allow Active Content to sprint in files on my computer". The trouble is that internet explorer 8 won't sprint java scripts in html files on your PC except you allow the over alternative or the corporation that sends you the zipped files adds a item called the Mark of the Web to their html files. Contact them and allow them know that they should alter their html files to comprise the Mark of the Web or to inform users that they should facilitate the over alternative.

I would recommend that Microsoft than only saying "An Add-on for this website unsuccessful to sprint " As well uttered , "Click here to be taken to the assist page which depicts the possible troubles and ways out for this difficulty". Why do I have to investigate all over the world to discover that an easy checkbox was not checked! Their completion of an information bar gives no information in any way.