Thread: Internet Explorer 8:unable to see Bing toolbar error code 404

Internet Explorer 8:unable to see Bing toolbar error code 404

Well as the title suggest what I am going to ask here. I am using Internet Explorer 8. Well I have installed Bing toolbar on my system. I am describing the problem below which is I am facing currently. Whenever I launch Internet Explorer 8 I am not having Bing toolbar on it. It simply prompts with following error message which can be stated as ‘error code: 400 please close all windows and restart browser.’ For your information I have been using Windows Vista Home Premium. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Re: Internet Explorer 8:unable to see Bing toolbar error code 404

I am providing following instruction which you can apply in order to solve the matter.
    • First of all you have to click on Start menu of your computer. Now you have to enter Programs and Features in to startserch box. Now hit enter from the keyboard.
    • Now you have to search for Bing toolbar form the list.
    • Now click on Uninstall and let the process completes. Once you have to uninstall the toolbar from the computer you have to restart the computer.
    • Now you should download Bing toolbar and install the same on your computer.

Well if you are failing to install Bing toolbar on your computer you can use the following steps to install toolbar on your computer. Basically we will try to install toolbar by performing clean install.
    • You have to click on Start menu and enter msconfig into startsearchbox and press enter.
    • If it is prompted you have to click on continue from User Account Control.
    • Now click on Selective Startup. You should uncheck on Load startup items.
    • Now go to Service tab. Now you should check on Hide all Microsoft services box.
    • Now you have to click on Disable all and simply click on Ok. Now you have to restart your computer.
    • Once your computer is reboot you should try to install toolbar on your computer.
    • Once you have finished you have to rollback your system to normal state. Well to return into normal state you have to click on Normal startup from msconfig.
    I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem.

Well looking at the situation which you have provided I am suggesting you that you should try to optimize your internet explorer and see whether Toolbar appears or not. I think this problem might occur due to corrupted temporary Internet files or cached information which is being used by the Internet Explorer. Well to clear the same use the following steps.
    • Launch Internet Explorer if it is closed.
    • Now you have to click on Safety and go to Delete Browsing History.
    • Now simply click on Delete from Delete Browsing History.
    So try it above mentioned steps and see whether it helps you or not.

I have seen this problem usually occurs when there is conflict occurring between toolbar and ActiveX controls of the browser. Well you can use following steps to solve the matter.
    • You have to click on Start button and Now enter Internet Explorer in to startsearch box.
    • Now you should click on Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons). It will launch Internet Explorer without any Add-ons or plug-ins.
    • Now you should download Bing toolbar and install the same.
    I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem.