Thread: Internet Explorer 7 is not opening facebook

Internet Explorer 7 is not opening facebook

Currently I have installed the Windows Vista in my PC along with Internet Explorer 7. I have been using the Facebook from the past 2 years. I was capable to open the facebook in my previous browser. However after moving to Vista I cannot able to open anyhow. The operation is kept on aborting. Other than this I can able to visit other social networking site. However it is only about the Facebook. What would be the problem though?

Re: Internet Explorer 7 is not opening facebook

I think that it is neither the Internet Explorer problem nor the Windows Vista. It seems to me that something is just blocking that particular URL or page or may be the name. First of see that whether you have installed any kind of third party apps or browser extension to block the particular site or not. if yes, and it contain the Facebook name on them then you will no longer able open the Facebook either in IE& or in any other browser. The system keeps on blocking the site and blocks its request as well as the packets coming to and from the computer. So you need to get rid of those first.

First of all you need to clear all the cookies and temporary files, cache and history file from the IE7. I hope that you know how to do it. Then close the browser and reopen it. Now type the Facebook URL manually on URL tab and hit enter. If this doesn’t work then you might need to allow cookies and scripting in order to open that page. If the cookies are blocked then also it might not be possible to open. Reset the Settings of IE 7 and see what you will get. Furthermore adjust the privacy settings to lower. It may help you.

It seems to me that your antivirus is much stronger and it is causing the Web browser to open the Facebook page. If it is only about facebook then someone might have blocked the access of it by the use of either the firewall program or antivirus program. Go through the Firewall or antivirus settings and look for restricted websites settings. There might be a Facebook name put in that list. You need to remove it from that list and allow it access from the browser. if you are passing through the router then also check its settings.

I think that your webbrowser doesn’t have the enough Add-ons to view that browser. There might be a compatibility issue that is causing the Facebook page. Get more add-on to IE7. Furthermore you need to get the latest version of Java so that the browser allows the scripting as well as the Active X controls. These two things play the important role in Homepage of Facebook. Have tried to open it in other browsers? If it is possible then you might need to a clean install of IE7 once again. After this entire try if the issue remains the same Change the operating System.