Thread: Sent mails cannot move to sent items box in Outlook Express

Sent mails cannot move to sent items box in Outlook Express

My computer is running the Windows XP operating system and I use the outlook express to send the emails. There is no problem in sending the mails but my problem is that whenever I send any email ;to any of the email ID then in place of moving the mail to the sent items box, it keeps here in outbox. This was not the case earlier. This strange behavior is started from last one week. I am not able to understand that what the problem with it is. Can you please tell me that how can I resolve this problem. I have tried the things that I know to resolve it but it was not able to resolve it. So please help me with your suggestions.

Re: Sent mails cannot move to sent items box in Outlook Express

You can try to delete the Outbox.dbx and after that reboot the system. Microsoft Outlook Express used database files is known as DBX that is used to accumulate messages in dissimilar Outlook folders. There is a distinct DBX file intended for the entire the messages contained within a exacting folder. Also the DBX file will make use of the similar name like that of mail folder. For instance, the entire emails being displayed within the “Inbox’ mail folder inside Outlook Express will be integrated in “Inbox.dbx” file. likewise, the emails being show in the “Outbox” mail folder will be integrated in the “Outbox.dbx” file. Every of these DBX files are located in a distinct folder the same as store folder. The outbox dbx hold every your draft messages that you have composed but not at all sent in earlier period and composed messages that you are yet to mail. You can only remove the outbox dbx file identical to additional dbx files subsequent to placing the specific file.

I think that the sent item box is full of mails and that is the reason that all the mails are moves to the outbox folder. So what you have to do is just delete all the mails that are there in the sent item. Just keep only the mails that are very important to you otherwise delete them all. After that try to send any mail to someone and see if that is able to save in the sent items. It is the best way to do that and there are more chances that this will resolve the issue for you. Thank you.

There is possibility that the Main Identity within the Outlook Express might be corrupted and you need to create a new Identity within Outlook Express. If you want to create new Identity in Outlook Express then you will have to go to the File > Identities > Add New Identity and there you will have to name the identity. It may ask you that if you want to switch the identity. If it asks then press yes button. If there is option to Importing or Upgrading then cancel them out. After that, create the E-mail account once again.

My recommendation to you is to not to use Outlook Express. This is the most obsolete program and Microsoft has also stopped developing this. So the most alternative for this is to make use of FREE Windows Live Mail that is for Windows XP. So just download it and install that. This will not show you any type of problem like this and will be the best option for you.