Thread: Unable to find DHCP client in windows 7 laptop

Unable to find DHCP client in windows 7 laptop

I think so the dhcp client has gone missing from my laptop. I have a windows 7 operating system running in the laptop. I think so there is some problem specially with the DHCP client. I have noticed that whenever I set a fixed ip address, it seems to work fine. The main thing to be noted here is that if the dhcp client is not getting any ip address from the dhcp server then the DHCP client disappears and all the dhcp entries are also missing. Is it possible to re install the dhcp client? If you have any idea regarding this subject then do let me know about it.

Re: Unable to find DHCP client in windows 7 laptop

Have you tried updating the windows . first you must update your system with a proper windows update. I hope your problem will get solved with the possible windows update. So do try with the suggestion and let me know if it works or not. If you have windows defender program running in the background then try disabling it. Once you have disabled the particular program try running the dhcp client and see if it is working or not. Do do work with this suggestions and get back to me if this solution works or not.

Well if your problem is not getting solved by the above suggestions then you will probably have to try with the repair install method. Now In order to try with this method you will need to have a windows 7 cd. Once you have installed it then you will have to switch off all the security settings that you have in the system. disable the firewall and also the antivirus program that is running in the background. After that you will get that option of upgrade. Click on the upgrade button and also activate the option of automatic updates if the windows. Then you will have to follow the step by step instruction that is given In the page. Once you are done with the repairing process. You will have to enable all the security options of the windows. Hope this suggestion helps you.

Hey thanks for the timely suggestions that you have given me. Well the install repair option did really work for me. Well what I need to say here is that I have got the dhcp client program back. While the one thing that I have to say is that when I am going to start the dhcp client service then it is giving me some error. The error is saying that it is unable to access or access is denied. I am trying to find out various solutions for this problem but I am not getting the solution. I am hoping that you will be able to provide me with the valuable solution.