Thread: Windows 7 blocked ActiveX

Windows 7 blocked ActiveX

Hi all, I am having the Windows 7 installed in computer. All thing are running fine with it but there is only one problem that whenever I start the browser then it shows me the message that says that says “ActiveX blocked by Windows 7”. After that I am not able to open any site. I don’t think that this is the problem with the browser because as the message says that it is blocked by the Windows 7. I think that is problem with the operating system but I am not sure about this. Therefore, I am leaving this question here so that I can get exact reason for that and accordingly solve the issue. Please help me to resolve the problem.

Re: Windows 7 blocked ActiveX

There may be some problem with the ActiveX that is installed in your computer and so you are getting this message. The installed files may be corrupted for that. The best way to check that is to install the ActiveX again in your computer. This will build all the new files for the ActiveX and so if there is any corrupted or missing file with it then it will be replaced. I am not very sure that this will resolve the problem but there is no harm to give this a try.

Some of the files from the installed operating system may be replaced and so it is having the problem. If that is the case then you can try to do the repair to your system. For that you will have to again boot from the Windows 7 CD and after that let it to load the entire needed file. When it prompts you to select the type of installation then you will have to select the option as Repair and continue. This will repair the entire system and if there is any file that is missing or buggy then that will be replaced by new one. So try this out and see what it can do for you.

Have you installed any antivirus in your system? I am asking this to you because it is possible that the antivirus which you are using is blocking the ActiveX and that is the reason that it is showing you the problem with it. This is one of the possible reasons for that and if you wish to confirm that then you will have to disable the antivirus temporarily from your system and after that try to browse the internet. If this is due to the antivirus then this time it will not show you any problem.

Which browser are you using? This is because the browser may be having some bugs in that. So try to switch to any of the other browser and see what it can do for you. There are many other browsers available for it. The best that I can recommend you is the Firefox and the Opera which are great to use. I am using the Firefox and it has not given be any such issue. Other than this you can also try to install the ActiveX again.

I can not get rid of dtxsdk messages on my computer

You need to disable the Toolbar add on to get out of the problem. If you want to do that then you will have to follow the steps below.
    1. First of all open the Internet Explorer.
    2. Now click on the Tools.
    3. Click the Manage Add-ons.
    4. Now click Toolbars and Extensions.
    5. Now click on every Toolbar that are listed to highlight and click on disable.
    6. To uninstall the add on use the safe mode.

I hope that this will help for you.