Thread: Failing to connect with PPPOE on Windows XP

Failing to connect with PPPOE on Windows XP

I am having two computers with Windows XP running on it. Both the computers are having two Ethernet Network Internet Cards. Both the computers are connected through LAN cable. Well I have changed the connection using RASPPPOE. Well RASPPPOE displays Dial-up in Network Connections. After sharing the connection with PPPOE I am able to connect both the computer over LAN however I am unable to connect with internet using the connection. I tried everything which I can do to solve the problem. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Failing to connect with PPPOE on Windows XP

Well looking at the situation I am unable to figure out why this problem is happening in your situation. I am providing following things which you should perform and reply the output of the same. So that I can find out the root cause of the problem.You have to click on the Start button and go to Run. You have to type CMD and hit enter. You have to copy paste the following command on the command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    nbtstat -n

IPCONFIG /ALL
    Now you have to copy output of the above command and post here. I am waiting for your reply with output. So that I can figure out the root cause and appropriate solution for the same.

Well I think there is an issue with NIC of yours. I think one of the Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI having faster Ethernet NIC. Well default IP address in this situation should be 192.168.0.1. Also Default gateway and DNS server should be blank in this particular situation. You have to enter appropriate values in Default gateway and DNS server and restart the computer. So make changes accordingly and see whether it helps you or not. Also see that the network connection is enabled on your system it is possible that the network connection might be disabled.

Well I am providing step by step instruction to create PPPOE client on your Windows XP.
    1. You have to click on the Start button and go to Control Panel and double click on Network and Internet Connections.
    2. You have to go for Network Connections and Choose Create a new connection from the Network Tasks.
    3. Once the Network Connection Wizard begins click on Next.
    4. Click on Connect to the Internet and simply click on Next.
    5. Now go for Set up my connection manually and click on Next.
    6. You have to select either Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password or Connect using a broadband connection that is always on.
    7. Now you have put the name of ISP which you are using currently and click on Next.
    8. Enter username and password which is provided by ISP and click on Next.
    9. Now click on Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop and to finish the process you have to click on Finish button.

In this particular situation I want to know certain things so that I can discover why this problem is occurring? Well let me know whether you are sharing Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 2 or PPP adapter Connection with HNSPPPOE at HONESTY? I am unable to figure out which had share but I am suggesting you that unsshare which you have share and see what result does it produce? Also check that you have firewall enabled on your system. Many times firewall prevents to connect with internet hence you should check and configure firewall in such way so that you can connect with internet. I am hoping that it will help you out.