Thread: How to fix scrolling bug in Opera 11.01

How to fix scrolling bug in Opera 11.01

I have this Opera 11.01 and let me just let you all know that it also indeed buggy. After seeing all the issues and reading all the articles on the various forums I thought that it will be great to see if I can wait for Opera 11.01 and hence I just did not went and installed Opera 11 but installed Opera 11.01 directly. I have seen that there is a scrolling bug with the browser here. Can you all please help me in fixing the scrolling issue in the browser there?

Re: How to fix scrolling bug in Opera 11.01

First of all it seems to me that for upgrading the things you will have to follow the particular sequence and if I am correct then it will be better if you can have the current version of Opera browser uninstalled from your System and then have the Opera 11 installed for you and then after this you can have the installation of Opera 11.01 for you. I think that you might be missing on this and hence you are getting the issue in your case. Just follow the things in this manner and let me know about the same.

I would recommend that it will be better if you can just make the installation of the Opera in your case. Uninstall the Opera 11.01 from the system. You can make use of the Control panel in this case. Using the Control Panel uninstall Opera and then simply go with the installation of the Opera that you are having on your system and then finally you can have the update of 11.01 installed in your case. It sounds to me that while you were making the installation some of the files must have got corrupted and hence you are getting the issue there. Hope that reinstalling the Opera will really help you out with the issue that you are having in your case. Sometimes it happens and the reinstallation can really bring out the remarkable change in there.

If you ask for my opinion than it will be simply great if you can just get the browser downgraded. I am of the opinion that you should get reverted to the standard version of Opera. You can have Opera 10.63 installed in your case and then just turn off the automatic updates while you will be installing it. Please make this installation in a clean manner there. So that you may not see the trouble with the files that were installed previously in your system. Otherwise it may happen that the files may get conflict and hence you might get caught with the issues mentioned above.

See if you are not making use of any add-ons or any plug-ins that might be causing you the issue there. You can simply have a check on this there. The plug-ins and the add-ons on the Opera Browser are not compatible with the latest version of the Opera and hence can cause some effects like this. I would suggest you to disable all the add-ons and the plug-ins on your browser and then see if the scrolling on your web browser works for you in any manner.

I would like you to see if you can simply use some other web browser. I would like you to see for Mozilla Firefox instead. See if you are able to have the scrolling functionality working in your case there. It will better if you can just have some other browser in your case. Opera 11 is buggy but I am sure that they will fix this issue in your case soon there. I am sure that when they will fix the issue then you will be able to make use of this browser.