Thread: Where can I find stored passwords after updating Opera?

Where can I find stored passwords after updating Opera?

I have recently have got this Opera 11 in my system. Well I was successfully running Opera 10.63 in my case and then I found that the update for the Opera browser was available and hence I thought that it will be great to have the latest version of Opera installed in my case. However the installation of Opera 11 went successfully but then I saw some issue with the password and bookmarks of the browser. I was not able to find that in any manner. Can you all there let me know if after updating Opera or any browser have you see this type of issue? Also in addition to this I would also like to know if there is a way by which I can have the password and all my data back for the browser here. Please will be happy to know about the same soon.

Re: Where can I find stored passwords after updating Opera?

In my opinion it will be simply great if you can navigate to the following location and see if you can find the folder that has the Bookmarks and Password in there. I am assuming that you are using Windows and hence you can get the folders at %AppData%\Opera\Opera\bookmarks.adr and %AppData%\Opera\Opera\wand.dat. You will be able to see the password at the second location that I have mentioned above. You might have selected the option to replace all the files and if that is really the case then you might not see the folder at the desired location.

You want to have the password and the bookmarks of the Opera browser back then I would like you to suggest some third party software and see if that can really help you. I would like you to give this software a test there Opera Password Recovery. If your Password Manager is not working properly or if you want to have the proper track of the files history, visited URLs history then I would simply say that this is going to be an optimal choice with which you can really go. You can really go with this and you will be able to see the same by googing this there.

I would like you to see the recommendation here and see if that can really help you in any manner. I just want you to see if you can avoid the use of Opera 11 here on your system. I have never heard that any web browser looses the password or the bookmarks after getting updated. I am of the opinion that the version of the Opera that you have installed is really buggy and hence you must have got the issue there. It will be really better if you can just uninstall the older version of Opera there and then have the installation of Opera 10.63 for you.

I really do not think that you will have to make use of any third party software in order to get the password recovered until and unless it is really required. At the time of the installation of Opera it might have happened that Opera must have created the different profile directory and if that is really the case then you will be finding two folders present below: %AppData%\Opera. Once of the folder will be having the current settings and the other folder might be having the data that you are actually looking for there. All you will have to do is overwrite the older data over the newly made one and then you will have to restart the browser and you will see the changes that you have made for you there.

You can really have the Opera 10.63 installed in your case and I think that it will be great if you can have this for you. Also hope that you will be able to have the password for you. In addition to this I just wanted to let you know that there is an update available for Opera 11. If you want you can have it installed. This will really solve the issue that you might in the future. You can have Opera 11.01 installed din your case.