Thread: Photo gets low quality wise after uploading on facebook

Photo gets low quality wise after uploading on facebook

I am having a Canon Powershot SX10IS camera and I am having a bit strange issue with the pictures captured by this camera. I have uploaded some photo on an iPhoto and they look perfect after uploading but when I am uploading the same photo on facebook then they gets small in size and quality of those pics are very low as compare to the real one. Can anybody tell me what is happening to these pics?

Re: Photo gets low quality wise after uploading on facebook

May be the file format that you are using with the facebook for uploading the photos. Social networking websites does not provide the full support for all the types of the image files. So may be you are falling in such category. I suggest you to convert these photos into JPG format and then check that they gets uploaded properly on facebook or not. As if they don't get uploaded with the same quality as that of it has then I don't have any idea that what is happening to your images.

Check that the pictures that you have captured with the canon camera are much larger in size or what. Actually facebook must be having some limit on size of picture beyond which it might be trimming the photo in order to make its size bit small so that it can be uploaded. Generally the size of the photo captured by the high end camera are larger in size which seems to be creating an issue here. I suggest you to re-size your photos and convert them into friendly image file format and then check that they works for facebook or not.

If anything from above does not work for you then I suggest you to simply edit the settings of your images on your camera itself and then capture some new photos and then check that they are getting uploaded properly or not. Probably it would be better to check it with the lowest setting on your camera. Because there must not be anything wrong with the file format as if facebook is at least uploading it. You may check saving these images again by using an adobe photoshop which may solve this issue.

There is one possibility which might create this issue, Are you using this photos directly from the camera to upload them onto facebook. I don't know that how it works and why it cannot do it in right way but still I suggest you to copy all the pictures to your PC's hard disk and then upload them on your facebook account. Now check about the same issue by doing this, It might not resize the image and even quality remains as it is.