Thread: I am new to Google Analytics

I am new to Google Analytics

I am quiet interested in of tne interesting service provided by Google. This also refers to the intelligence of behavior of visitors coming on a site. So you can get the bounce rate also. Before what I use to do is use alexa for getting basic information on the site traffic and my visitors. But now going one step more further I want some help to understand Google Analytics. How this tool works and what we can do more in this. Right now I am also not able to fully understand the bounce rate thing. I believe that Google Analytics can provide me much better information what I am getting right now. This will help me to play with my content and get information how can I attract more users to my website.

Re: I am new to Google Analytics

Bounce rate my site is actually very low - 1.97%. This is the number of visitors move back from your website. Usually, web-masters say that they have figure out this and they are working on reducing the same. If you look at the statistics of your keywords that you are using right now then you will see that what a visitor views more. This will let you to understand his behavior on your site and you can put the most intact keywords on your site. The consequence of bounce rate effects the overall quality of your website. If the same is higher then your site quality goes more below. According to Google, a good site must be able to hold a visitor for some time.

The lesser the bounce rate the better the quality of your site. You can use Google Analytics to find more on this. What a high quality site is. It is the site which satisfies the request of a visitor. By using this tool you can get the right approach to understand the visitors behavior. You can then play with your site content and other information. Here the landing page does not fully meet demand. That whatever you design on the first page cannot hold the visitor. You must also provide a good usability of your site so that the visitors can navigate to different pages.

The custom category can be the starting point for your usage. It is the whole category of filters. Each of this is is used to filter the data according to certain criteria. Like the header, the address page on the source. So if you are getting traffic from some particular site then you choose the custom filter and then choose the filed to specify your mode of filter. By this you can work with the filter pattern of the tool. Another example is that you can distinguish the traffic as per the geographical location of the visitors. You can there create a custom filter and run the search process.

You might be aware that Google Analytics simply integrates the advertising campaigns. The best example for this is by understanding the Adwords. For this just associates the profiles. The Adwords account will give you the administrative access to your Analytics account. After that you can gain the following information. They are utm_source. This is the actual source of the campaign. You can it is the banner. Then comes the utm_medium. This means the traffic that attracts on your site. There are other more things you can understand when you go more in detail.

When analyzing their audiences do not forget to use the regional selector. This services lets you to choose countries, cities and then reach your local users. Have you seen Time indices. This is the time thing on your site which gives you the average for your visitors online. Also remember that time is considered only when the user has visited a few pages. There are also other useful function. Though it is not useful for everyone but it is helpful if you own a big site. There are also different type of traffic that comes on your site and the same is then very easy to define with this tool.