Thread: Analytics Vs. BlogSpot stats

Analytics Vs. BlogSpot stats

I have observed from Google Analytics stats that in a recent month the number of page views was somewhat over 5000, but for that similar month, Google BlogSpot stats showed me above 20,000 page views. I am not much knowledge regarding all this, so I ran into bewilderment as to which stats I should trust to be true. There is a vast dissimilarity between 5000 and 20000 isn't it? What could be the cause for such a vast dissimilarity? Please someone help me to make me out about which the best one.

Re: Analytics Vs. BlogSpot stats

Few months ago, Google came out Blogger Stats for every bloggers who utilize Google’s hosted blogging podium. Blogger Stats primary became accessible for Blogger in Draft, but currently the real-time traffic reporting mini-suite has been mechanically included into all novel and existing Blogger blogs. If you have not noticed up till now, it is accessible through the Stats tab on your Blogger dashboard. Thus, what’s the big deal? Isn’t Google the similar corporation who brought us the typical traffic analytics way out known simply as Google Analytics? And have not every serious bloggers previously incorporated this gratis tool into their blogs? The answer to both those queries is: yes. But that’s not the point.

Google Analytics is for grave bloggers who are solemn about tracking their visitor movement, traffic sources, conversion rates, guest benchmarking, and so on. Blogger Stats is for people who are less grave regarding blogging (therefore why they utilize Blogger, rather than a self-hosted WordPress or Drupal or Typepad) and have minor grave requires for traffic analysis. As such, it is my opinion that despite the apparently cannibalistic rollout of Blogger Stats onto what could potentially be Google Analytics lawn, Blogger Stats is certainly the most excellent traffic reporting tool for Blogger blogs.

Ease is the key here, and that is the modus operandi of Google’s Blogger podium. Granted, installing WordPress on your personal server isn’t predominantly technically demanding, nor is copying and pasting the Google Analytics tracking code into a Blogger template. Both of those tasks can be pulled off in about 6 to 7 steps. But assume how many steps it obtained to get up and working with Blogger Stats? Yes that is completely right: zero.

I am astonished that this feature was not introduced earlier. WordPress bloggers have extended enjoyed basic blog stats on their dashboards, replete with trending graphs, referring sites and pinnacle content reports. But different Blogger, WordPress is a severely non-profit zone. In the meantime, Blogger rolled out dead easy monetization through Google AdSense previous April. It only makes sense that they’d do the similar for stats. The similar crowd that is concerned in creation of money with their modest blog is likely evenly interested in understanding the flow of traffic to their blog, even if they are not hardcore SEO geeks. Blogger stat serves this need devoid of overcomplicating things.