Thread: Hosting website from home

Hosting website from home

Well I am using DLINK 2640 router. I wanted to host a website on Apache server on my computer. I have also used DynDNS to map Dynamic IP address for a particular site name. I can get the router site whenever I enter the name of the website and when I enter localhost on browser I am getting home page. Anyone having clue about this particular situation please reply as soon as possible. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Hosting website from home

Well looking at situation I think there is a problem is associated with Apache that you have installed on the computer. You should check whether the Port 80 is available or not. Well Port 80 is used by server and it supposed to hear a request from the client. Also I wanted to know whether which Operating system you have installed on your computer because I am unable to figure out root cause of the problem without knowing the software platform.

Well I want to know whether you have Firewall enabled on your computer. Firewall may prevent communication between Port and web server. Hence you have to configure the Firewall in such manner so that it web server and Port 80 can communicate with each other. If there is an issue with Port 80 than you should select another port number and forward the same. So just check it out with above quick checks and see whether it helps you or not.

Well looking at your situation there is some settings issue in your router. I think you should check that there Port Forwarding is enabled on your router which you are going to use for hosting a website. Well Port Forwarding is a technique which is to forwarding a TCP-IP packet through a Network Address Translator gateway to a predefined port of the network. If port forwarding is not enabled on the router then you should configure the router so that port forwarding becomes enabled. so just try it.