Thread: Is it safe to put our phone numbers on facebook account

Is it safe to put our phone numbers on facebook account

Hello friends, I am a complete facebook addict and I really don't remember when was the last time I had not visited my account in a single day. I have inserted all my personal information on my facebook account and I would want to know that having such personal information is safe or not. I have heard about other social networking sites like orkut failing to provide enough security and there has been corruption with all the users data been stolen and used by hackers. So I would want to know that even if we ensure high privacy of our account will it be safe to have our personal details on the account.

Re: Is it safe to put our phone numbers on facebook account

I think that it is still not safe having all our personal details on our facebook account. Although, the account has settings fro privacy i think that even if we ensure high security so as that no external users can fetch our data,but then also I think that hackers can easily fetch all our data from our account, so according to me we should not provide any personal information that is our mobile phone numbers nor our address and also avoid uploading any photos on our account to avoid any problems.

I have my facebook account for last 4 years and I have inserted all my personal information including the mobile number and address, but still I haven't faced with any of the problems of data loss. I have kept account hidden from external users and only my friends can see what data I have on my account. Thus I have ensured enough security on my account and I no need to worry of any corruption. Facebook developers have added this kind of functionality so as to help the users secure their account and thus all the data that are there inside it.

I have heard in the news recently that the facebook developers are giving access to our account data to a third party software that will use our contact numbers when we try to access any application on the facebook. Due to this I think that our data will now become more vulnerable to the hackers and will certainly cause some harm to our data. So I think that it would be better not to have our personal information on any of the social networking site.

Hey friends I think that it is true that facebook developers are now looking to give access to our data on our account to the third part users. Also, I have heard that some of the developers are even taking money for selling the account information to the vendors who are looking to get a huge database that has all the information of the users world wide which I think that only be available on facebook. I have also withdrawn all my data from my account and I suggest all of you to do the same to ensure safety.