Thread: Managing Opera Bookmarks via USB installation

Managing Opera Bookmarks via USB installation

I have the issue with the Opera 11 that I have installed here on my system. Well it is not a big issue but I think that it will be realy better if you can just let me know how I can get out of this issue. I have installed Opera 11 on the USB stick. Along with this I have installed Opera 11 on the system here. Now when I launch the Opera 11 from the system I have seen that it opens up the browser with all eth speed dials and the BOOK MARKS; but when I launch the Opera Browser from the USB I have seen that it again opens up the Speed Dials and Book Marks that I have on my computer. Similar thing I have seen when I go with the PC of my friend. Any suggestion that you all can come up with.

Re: Managing Opera Bookmarks via USB installation

Well I do not think that this is a kind of issue that you are having here. Well the scenario here is that when you install or run the set up of the Opera then it gets installed to the drive that you wish to have. But when you see for the Book Marks and the other folders then let me tell you that it just gets stored to the default Windows location and not from where the BROWSER is launched. So if you are launching the application from the USB then also it is going to read the Bookmarks from the Default Windows drive. Hope that the scenario is cleared.

If you want to get the things to run on any system then let me tell you that while you are installing the BROWSER please make sure that when it asks for installing the location for the Bookmark and the History and other stuffs you give the location of the USB. By doing this you will see the Opera loading the Bookmarks from the pendrive. Give this a try and let me know if what I have said really works in your way.

I do not think that it will be great if you disturb the default installation of the Opera Browser. It will be simply great if you can just have the Bookmarks copied within the USB drive and then when you move with this then you can place it there and can work accordingly. Once thing that you will be required to do is import the things so that it can really assist you there. I am of the opinion that this will be the great thing to go with here.

What is the need of installing the Setup in Pendrive. I think that it will be simply great if you can just have the setup in the USB drive. Well I think that this will be really the thing with which you can go if you are having the issue with the Opera. Also it will be really great if you can have the things done in this manner so that the further issue with the Opera Browser can be avoided here. Please do this and see if you do not get the issue.