Thread: Opera 11: Proxy settings not working

Opera 11: Proxy settings not working

I am the regular user of the Opera and I really loved it when I had not updated it. With the older version of Opera I was able to use the Proxy settings but with the Opera 11 I have seen that it is just not working. Any suggestion in the matter will be really appreciated. I really need the Opera Browser to work in the previous manner as I desperately need the default behavior of Opera to work in my case. Please help me with the things here.

Re: Opera 11: Proxy settings not working

Let me tell you that on the Opera 11 the automatic proxy configuration is not going to work. It is broken here. To be précised it is observed how hard you will try to give this attempt you will not have the PROXY settings to work for you with this Opera 11. I think that it will be better if you can just get yourself rolled back to the older version of the Opera and see if that can solve the issue of yours. Hope that you will have the issue solved.

Have you tried to open the sites using the other browser. If not then please give this a try for once and see if you can have the things working in a better manner there. Hope that you will see then working there. If that is really the case then you can go with the reinstallation of the Opera 11. It might be that some of the Opera setup file must have got corrupted and hence you might be getting the issue. Just do this and let me know if what I have said is really true.

In my opinion if you want the things at the urgent then you can have the installation of the Opera 10.63 and see if that can help you again with the things in the proper manner. Just get the setup file downloaded for Opera 10.63 and then delete the older setup file and proceed with the installation. Please make use of the CCleaner here and then delete all the traces of the older installation. Then when you will be done with this then you will be required to make a double click on the setup file and then have the older version installed. If you do want to get the Opera 11 installed again; then make sure that you turn off the Automatic Updates OFF on the Opera browser. Hope that the issues will be solved here in your case there.