Thread: Ping6 not working in Windows 7

Ping6 not working in Windows 7

I have installed Windows 7 on my computer. I have also installed Ipv6 on my network settings. I am having IP address on both IPv6 and IPv4. When i try to run IPv6 ping command which is ping 6 on command prompt. It generates the following error.
    ping6' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Please tell me if you are having any solution to solve the matter. Your response will be highly appreciated.

Re: Ping6 not working in Windows 7

Well I don’t know why it is happening and what is the solution for the same .but I can let you about ping command. Well Ping is administration utility of the network which is used to determine the reach ability of the host. It is also used to calculate round trip time taken by a packet to travel from host to destination. Well Ping command work on Internet Protocol (IP) network. Ping works by sending ICMP echo request packet to the desired host and waits for the ICMP response.

Well I have done lots of research about your problem and I have concluded following. Well if ISP does not provide you IPv6 then only way to communicate with outside of host is to use tunnel broker. Well tunnel broker will allow you to communicate between IPv6 and IPv4.You can achieve this by using go6.net. Well it is also known as gogo6.net. You can try with go6.net to solve your problem.

Well I am having the proper syntax about ping6 command . Well it can be describe as follow.
    Code:
    Ping -6 <host>
    You can also use various option with ping 6. To locate another node on link you can use the following
    Code:
    ping6 Address%ScopeID
    Here Address is addres of the link-local and ScopeID is index of the interface fromn where you are sending the packet. If Ping6 command fails I am suggesting you that you should verify the address of link-local address of other node and ScopeID