Thread: Unstable System after going wireless

Unstable System after going wireless

I have had the similar laptop for more than a year with no troubles ever. I all the time utilized a wired LAN connection. I newly purchased a wireless WAP and turned on the wireless card on my laptop, an Intel Wi-Fi Link 4965AGN. Straight away started containing troubles. My system has become unbalanced. Each once in a while it will blue screen and after that again boot on its own. I attempted renewing to the most recent driver from Intel but it does not assist. If I go back to wired and immobilize the wireless card it is hard and steady. I have one more dissimilar type of computer which has the similar wireless card and the similar thing occurs to that one also. We are both utilizing the N connection. I have one more laptop with just a G wireless card in it linked to the similar WAP and it experiences no such unsteadiness. Anyone have any ideas or any recommendation regarding this issue? This is starting to drive me mad. It will sprint immense for hours and after that it falls and reboots.

Re: Unstable System after going wireless

I have had the most excellent outcome utilizing Windows to control the wireless and moreover not installing or immobilizing the maker’s wireless effectiveness. If the Intel service is running the adapter, attempt un-checking the box which says "utilize this program to handle this device" or checking the box which says "permit Windows to control this device" or words to that consequence. So I wish this information is useful to solve your problem.

Here in your case I just want to add something. First, I want to know or just want to ask you that, what occurs if you place the wireless mode to 802.11g only. What occurs if you immobilize the Windows software and setup Intel PROSet? Obviously the WI-FI hardware and software has troubles. If the G only forms efforts you possibly able to discover a fix for the N mode troubles

I have not attempted departing to G only. I guess I should have idea of that. I deduce I was just thoughts that I truly type of wish to utilize N if I can. But I guess that would be an extremely well analytic step first. I have not attempted utilizing the Intel software because I setup just the driver. I don't have the software setup. I guess I could give it an attempt but I truly don't akin to the Intel software. I think I will attempt departing G only first and observe what occurs. Would type of suck though to have to utilize G while I evidently can do N. But possibly the execution of N in this Intel card is not that immense. Does anybody else here have an Intel WI-FI Link 4965AGN which utilize on an N band network? If so do you have any troubles with it? Do you utilize the Windows configuration function or the Intel PROSet software?

Are you near to the ground on resources? Why immobilize a few services? I cannot locate any services which might be contributing to your trouble but if you can rearrange the services to default then analysis if the crashes still takes place it will assist you eradicate the cause. You might be into something and is an opportunity that the mixture is assassination your system. Have you goggled if this trouble is disturbing lots of?

I not at all thought of modernizing my video card drivers. I think I will attempt considering if there is an updated video card driver and observe if that does something. Well it is been as a minimum 4 complete days of hard utilize and solid as a rock. Possibly we have established the respond. I speculate if others with the similar Intel card and similar Nvidia video card all had the similar problem? Well, up to now as a minimum, my problem emerges to be resolved. But there are such things as 'known problems’. I have observed in the precedent certain disagreements that, if sufficient people have, get addressed by the maker. I was just speculating if everybody that has a assured NIC and a certain video card experienced the similar thing. IOW is this a known problem of which I was not aware, or is this only a peculiarity that a few had to deal with.