Thread: File Sharing not working between Windows 7 and Windows XP

File Sharing not working between Windows 7 and Windows XP

I am having work group of Window 7 and Windows XP systems. I don’t why I am unable to share file between Windows XP and Windows 7 systems. Even they are unable to connect with each other. I have tried my best to solve my problem. I have also searched on Google to find out the solution but there was nothing which I can apply. So I am requesting you to solve the matter. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: File Sharing not working between Windows 7 and Windows XP

Well you have provided very less details to find out the root cause of the problem. I want to know how many systems are connected with the server of yours. Well I want to let you know that if you are having 5 or more concurrent transaction then it won’t be done by the server. Maximum number of concurrent transaction in Windows 7 home premium is 5. So I want to know what number of concurrent transaction occurs at a time. I think above mentioned quick checks will help you out to solve your problem. So go ahead.

Well I think you to edit the registry of your system. You have to learn your windows that you want to use the system as file server and windows should allocate resources for the same. You have to perform the following. Find the following registry and set the value as 1 for the same.
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache
    Make the value of the following registry as 3
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size
    Once you have done the following changes I think the problem will not persist.

I want to say thank you to all of the guys who have replied me with the solution. By changing the registry of the system problem is totally disappeared. I will tell this solution if anyone having the same problem. I really want to appreciate that you have put in. Appreciated for giving such a smart solution. I really want to say thank you again to all of you. Appreciated. Thanks again.