Thread: Windows 7: stuck while identifying LAN status

Windows 7: stuck while identifying LAN status

I have installed window 7 on my computer. Well I am facing very strange problem and I wanted to discuss with all of you. I am trying to connect my computer with LAN. It works fine while I am using internet. But I am facing problem when I open Network and Sharing Center and click on View your active networks it prompts that ‘Identifying...’ and no network names appear on the screen. Do you know why this happening is? And also I wanted to know any solution to heal this problem. Your feedback will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Re: Windows 7: stuck while identifying LAN status

Well I am having some steps to follow which you can use to solve your problem and I think it will help you out from this strange problem. Well you should check whether Network Discovery is on your Windows 7. If it is turn off then use the following steps to make turn on. You have to click on Start button. Now click on Control Panel. You have to click on Network and sharing Center. You have to click on Change Advanced Sharing Settings which is located in left pane. You have to expand current network profile buy expanding chevron. Now you have to click on Turn on network discovery. Now save the changes that you have done. You have to enter password if it is prompted for admin password.

I think you should run Network Troubleshooter in your windows 7. Well Network Troubleshooter having ability to identify the problems and also it helps you to troubleshoot the problem which is occurred on network. Well to make use of Network Troubleshooter you have to use following steps. First of all you have to click on Start button. Now go for Control Panel. Now enter network in the search box. You have to click on Network and Sharing Center from the list provided. Now you have to click on Troubleshoot problem. I hope Network Troubleshooter will help you to fix the issue.

I think you have provided very less details about your problem. It will be great if you could answer the following question. Well what kind of connection you are connected with? Well I mean to say that whether you are using wired connection or Wireless connection. Also I want to know how IP address is assigned, whether IP address is assigned manually or automatically. Answer the above mentioned question so I can suggest you to plan further trouble shooting steps to solve your problem. I am waiting for your prompt reply. Thanks a lot for reading my post.

Well I am providing some basic trouble shooting which you can use to solve the problem. You have to turn off firewall if it is on your system. After Turning off firewall check whether the problem exist or not. Also check whether IP conflict is occurring or not. Make sure that Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol should be enabled on both computer and router. I hope above mentioned troubleshooting steps will help you to solve the problem.