Thread: Unable to send and receive email using mail.comcast.net account

Unable to send and receive email using mail.comcast.net account

I am facing very strange problem and I have decided to discuss with you all and I hoping that you will tell me possible solution to overcome from this situation. Well I have installed Windows 7 on my computer. I was able to send mail till yester day night. Now I am unable to send and receive the mail from today morning. Its showing following error on the screen
    Code:
    ‘Unable to send or receive messages for the mail.comcast.net account. The connection to the server has failed.____Server: 'mail.comcast.net'__Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E__Protocol: POP3__Port: 110__Secure(SSL): No__Socket Error: 10061
    Anyone having idea about the above problem please let me know.

Re: Unable to send and receive email using mail.comcast.net account

Well I think Comcast has been regularly blocking port 25 which you are using. Well I think its allowing port 587 which is used for outgoing. Incoming is handled by port 110. You should change the port with SMTP Port 587. You should check My Server Requires Authentication check box. You should try it and let me know whether it is working or not. I will be really happy if it working for you. Wish you all the best.

Make sure that you have done correct settings to set up an email account on Windows Mail. You should following steps to create Windows Mail. You should click on Start menu and go for all programs. Select Windows Mail. Now click on Tool and go for Accounts. You have to click on Add button to add an email account. Choose Email Account and click on Next. You have to enter Display Name and click on Next. You have to enter Email address and click on Next. For incoming server you should enter mail.comcast.net and for outgoing server you have to enter smtp.comcast.net. Once you have entered click on Next. It will prompt for Username and Password. You have to enter the same. Now click on Next. Save the setting and click on finish.

Well I want to know whether you have enabled email scanning using your antivirus. Email scanning reduces the performance of sending and receiving of email message. So I am suggesting you to uninstall the antivirus program from your computer and reinstall the program in Custom Mode. You have to uncheck email scanning. Please try it I think this problem is caused due to antivirus settings.