Thread: Cable modem is not working, asking for password and username

Cable modem is not working, asking for password and username

From last two years I am using a HP pavilion series laptop, which was running with windows vista, but in the last week I upgrade the machine into windows 7 ultimate OS. I am using a network modem, which is connected with my machine via cable. The problem, is that, which I tried to connect the machine with network, it asking for user name and password. Though I am using a cable connection, so I am not having any user name and password to connect the machine with network service. I can’t understand what is the problem indicated, from here someone suggest me some tricks to solve this problem.

Re: Cable modem is not working, asking for password and username

According to regarding this problem, the problem should be occurring for the network driver that you installed in your machine, so I would like to recommend you remove this one, and go for the latest version. For that visit the driver manufacturer web site, and from there look for the latest version of driver, which is compatible with the machine specification and also with the operating system. I hope by this you will be able to overcome from the problem. But first of all remove the existing version from your and also remove other files, which are collaborating with the operating system.

Did you properly configure your machine with the network service that you are using? I think may be the configuration of your machine with then network is crashed. Because I was also facing similar issue, and found that for one of the third party software application, then configuration is corrupted. I simply disconnect the machine with network and then start, and simply reconfigure the machine. I suggest you to go through this, if this happens in your machine then by this you will surely overcome from the problem.

If the process of internet connection is creating problem by which you are willing to access internet in your machine, then try with another process, I hope in this way, it will not ask you to enter user name and password. So go to the network and internet connection wizard in your control, panel, from there click on connect with option. From the network list select the network name by which you are willing to connect your am chine, and click on connect. I hope this will not create any problem. If the problem still occurring, then I recommend you to create a new network connection for access the network. For that from the network and internet connection wizard click on create a new connection option. By inserting appropriate option to create a connection create a new one. Now try to access internet, I hope any one of these will definitely helps you.